Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How would you feel of a friend started wearing a wig?? watch

My hair fell out after my first term at uni ( I think due to stress and genetics) and so I came back after the Christmas holidays wearing wigs full time.

I decided to tell my friends as I didn't want them asking, and tbh no one has treated me any differently ! They refer to my wig as my 'hair' and enable me to feel like I'm still a normal person.

But I fear they they must be judging me from behind my back
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My hair fell out after my first term at uni ( I think due to stress and genetics) and so I came back after the Christmas holidays wearing wigs full time.

I decided to tell my friends as I didn't want them asking, and tbh no one has treated me any differently ! They refer to my wig as my 'hair' and enable me to feel like I'm still a normal person.

But I fear they they must be judging me from behind my back
    They aren't friends If they are judging you but it sounds like they are not

ReputationRep:
    I went to school with a girl who had alopecia (aka her hair would fall out). She used to wear wigs all the time and I honestly wouldn't have been able to tell that they were wigs without knowing she had alopecia. I used to think it was quite cool, in fact a lot of people envied her because her 'hair' always looked so perfect and stayed in perfect position and if ever she got bored of her look she could just change the wig and wala!

Take pride in it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't bother me and I'd probably forget tbh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.