Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is for a bit of advice/discussion really.
    Want to see if its happened to anyone else and how they would deal with it.

So Friday night I was staying at an old friends house. She went to bed with her boyfriend, and I came back later and was designated the sofa. Cut a long story short her neighbours were keeping me up and her drunken house mate who I'm also friends with offered to let me share the bed. it all seemed innocent, I was also too tired and drunk to really consider anything else but getting some sleep.

I was wasted, so I quickly blacked out. Anyway skip an hour ahead and I awake to find myself being spooned by my male friend. This friend knows I'm in a long term relationship, but I considered it a drunken error and shuffled a little to budge him off, went back to sleep. Woke up to it again. After many attempts I found myself quickly being spoon chased to the end of the double bed.

Once I found his hand lying a little to close to my chest and with no further room to shuffle away, I darted for the sofa as the neighbours had now quietened down.

The next morning he explained he was a drunk and remembered it, but quite quickly offered me the bed for a second night. Safe to say, I rejected the offer and the sofa - and headed an hour drive away to my boyfriends to get a better night sleep.

My question to you all is, has this happened to you and how did you deal with it? Do you say straight up get off me? Or do you attempt the bed chase before giving up and opting for a second sleeping option?

It's so awkward!
    I've shared beds with male friends many times before, so I don't understand why some see it has an opportunity to get close and personal, why does this happen? I'm a little confused how things escalated to spooning, when I was not even concious to agree to it.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Tbf the fact he admits he remembered is in some ways better than acting like he didn't. Did he explain why he was cuddling up to you since he did have memory despite being drunk?

Anyway it can depend on the person, I seem to often end up with my arm around people if I'm sharing a bed, this while asleep, I think an attempt to steal body heat if anything.

(Original post by joey11223)
    Tbf the fact he admits he remembered is in some ways better than acting like he didn't. Did he explain why he was cuddling up to you since he did have memory despite being drunk?

Anyway it can depend on the person, I seem to often end up with my arm around people if I'm sharing a bed, this while asleep, I think an attempt to steal body heat if anything.
    No just mentioned a memory off it. I quickly brushed off the chat because I didn't really want to remember it myself.

That's a pretty good point. One of my girl mates I've been friends with since childhood also spoons me. Guess it's just less awkward when it's the same sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is for a bit of advice/discussion really.
    Want to see if its happened to anyone else and how they would deal with it.

So Friday night I was staying at an old friends house. She went to bed with her boyfriend, and I came back later and was designated the sofa. Cut a long story short her neighbours were keeping me up and her drunken house mate who I'm also friends with offered to let me share the bed. it all seemed innocent, I was also too tired and drunk to really consider anything else but getting some sleep.

I was wasted, so I quickly blacked out. Anyway skip an hour ahead and I awake to find myself being spooned by my male friend. This friend knows I'm in a long term relationship, but I considered it a drunken error and shuffled a little to budge him off, went back to sleep. Woke up to it again. After many attempts I found myself quickly being spoon chased to the end of the double bed.

Once I found his hand lying a little to close to my chest and with no further room to shuffle away, I darted for the sofa as the neighbours had now quietened down.

The next morning he explained he was a drunk and remembered it, but quite quickly offered me the bed for a second night. Safe to say, I rejected the offer and the sofa - and headed an hour drive away to my boyfriends to get a better night sleep.

My question to you all is, has this happened to you and how did you deal with it? Do you say straight up get off me? Or do you attempt the bed chase before giving up and opting for a second sleeping option?

It's so awkward!
    I've shared beds with male friends many times before, so I don't understand why some see it has an opportunity to get close and personal, why does this happen? I'm a little confused how things escalated to spooning, when I was not even concious to agree to it.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Is spooning bad?

ReputationRep:
    Don't get in someone else's bed if you're in a relationship, no matter how innocent you think it is, I would dump you on the spot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.