The Student Room Group

Two questions on suicide.

What are the requirements to be considered suicidal?
Is it as early as thinking about ways of suicide, or do you have to be in a position to readily perform suicide? Or is it something else?

Following on from that, if someone was suicidal or border-lining it, what should be the immediate course of action?
To be suicidal, you have to be planning your own death, or thinking of ways in which to kill oneself, though the plan doesn't have to be carried out. It is the desire to take your own life, essentially.

Immediate course of action is to remove them from the situation, if caught, and seek some form of therapy and a course of antidepressants. If they don't seem to work, and the person is still attempting, hospitalisation may be the only route.
to be honest I have considered it loads of times and still do at some points but what stops me is when I think about is how my family and friends would feel and how selfish I would be to do that
Original post by Anonymous
I would rep you, but you're anon so it wouldn't make a difference ;-;

It's the thought that counts, thanks man.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

yes

I normally rely on spell check to tell me when I make mistakes but spell check can't help me here :P
Reply 5
Original post by nexttime
Wait, why not? Surely all internet browsers have an inbuilt spellcheck these days, or has microsoft still not caught up?!

I used to but I changed browser cos that one strted messing up and now I don't have my handy little mess un-maker anymore. Microsoft couldn't catch up to a sloth! It's far to slow and buggy to use spell check or not.
So anyway how'd you guess dyslexia so quick? Am I bad enough I couldn't just be bad at spelling?
Reply 6
Spoilered just in case

Spoiler

Original post by Kindred
I used to but I changed browser cos that one strted messing up and now I don't have my handy little mess un-maker anymore. Microsoft couldn't catch up to a sloth! It's far to slow and buggy to use spell check or not.
So anyway how'd you guess dyslexia so quick? Am I bad enough I couldn't just be bad at spelling?

Similar errors appeared throughout your post which most would see as wrong
I remember I was going through this horrible heart break and I couldn't handle the pain any more. So suicide did cross my mind on numerous occasions.

But thankfully it never got that grievous to the point that it surpassed only thoughts, and the pain from the heart break eventually subdued.

But I feel blessed, it's made me mentally stronger to handle such situation if they ever did occur. Whereas before I was slightly more fragile minded.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest