The Student Room Group
Library, Newman University
Birmingham Newman University
Birmingham

PGCE Secondary Geography

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone has a break down of what PGCE interviews entail?

I'm just waiting on a reference for my application and I wonder if there is anyway of knowing how long interviews take, what tasks you need to do etc. as I need to book time off work for any interview offer I may receive.

As well as this, i'm not due to do my 10 day school placement until May. Will this impact me negatively anyway?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by shumble
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone has a break down of what PGCE interviews entail?

I'm just waiting on a reference for my application and I wonder if there is anyway of knowing how long interviews take, what tasks you need to do etc. as I need to book time off work for any interview offer I may receive.

As well as this, i'm not due to do my 10 day school placement until May. Will this impact me negatively anyway?

Thanks!

Interviews can differ depending on courses. I studying business management here at Newman and I got in based on my UCAS points. My friends all had to do interviews and tests. It can vary as they did different courses. Have the uni sent you anything regarding the interviews? Any materials to use? Use the interview with the uni to just let your personality shine through.

Newman chose you based on your personal statement, so think about what isn't on there that you can discuss? Any work experience you may have taken (I doubt your late placement will affect their decision, you can talk about why you chose this place and how you feel it will benefit you and your degree?) any hobbies or skills you have gained? Just show how committed you are and maybe how you could contribute to your course?
I hope this helps!
Library, Newman University
Birmingham Newman University
Birmingham

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending