Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Share a memory that makes you smile! :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Lets create some happiness!
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'll start: The happiest memory I can think of right now is when I told this BEAUTIFUL teacher at my school the laptop cabinet had vanished in a jokey way, and he smiled and laughed a little. Best day of my life so far! He had the most enchanting laugh :flutter: like fairies spraying fairy dust in the wind!

I get butterflies just thinking about that beautiful moment.

Your turn!

Last week when I held the door open for an old lady then she turned around and called me a gentleman. I was chuffed to say the least
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    When my boyfriend asked me out in the moonlight by the docks, it was so sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Last week when I held the door open for an old lady then she turned around and called me a gentleman. I was chuffed to say the least
    That is beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    When my boyfriend asked me out in the moonlight by the docks, it was so sweet
    Awh that is also beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    when i was feeling generally crap around the end of last term and my uni friend sent me this lovely text telling me that everything was going to be okay and that we were all in this together. it made me tear up as it was the first time somebody (apart from my mum) sent me something like that

ReputationRep:
    More happy memories please....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    when i was feeling generally crap around the end of last term and my uni friend sent me this lovely text telling me that everything was going to be okay and that we were all in this together. it made me tear up as it was the first time somebody (apart from my mum) sent me something like that
    That is lovely, I love it when something lovely like that happens unexpectedly. It makes you appreciate it so much more!

ReputationRep:
    Getting MyA level results last summer A* A* A A

ReputationRep:
    When I went to see my favourite band for the first time (it was my first concert). I loved every minute of it, and even though I'm no longer a fan of them, the memory of it still makes me smile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    More happy memories please....
    Damn why so angry ^
    haha :p:

ReputationRep:
    This is so lame but idc

My brother got married in September, I've always been quite close to him. He was moving to Germany though, I mean it was an emotional day anyway cause two days later it'd be ages before I could see my favourite sibling again. But I had a reading, and they asked me to do a speech. Following my speech they gave out gifts, as a bridesmaid, auntie and sister they have me one. My brother hugged and for the first time in ages told me he loved me?? Idk it was so nice. I'll never forget it it all felt so overwhelming with happiness, my whole family were crying. I think mostl with pride because my brother has com from getting his girlfriend pregnant at 15, to marrying her and moving to Germany with their 2 kids and one on the way. It's one the best days I've ever had. I felt so close to not only my brothe, but my whole family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    That is lovely, I love it when something lovely like that happens unexpectedly. It makes you appreciate it so much more!
    oh definitely!
    she's such a blessing, I'm very thankful for having her in my life

ReputationRep:
    Pay day
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    When I got the chance to meet SRK. He's such a class act

And when I got my degree result. Love how my friends and family reacted:love:

ReputationRep:
    Getting amazing grades for my GCSEs despite being ill for several months before and being on ridiculous medication during. If I can do it, anyone can. Don't let illnesses beat you down.

When my friends accepted me for who I am - just made me respect them more than I already do.

ReputationRep:
    When I went to the LeMans 24 hours last year!!! It was amazing!
    Plus waking up at a racetrack was an awesome feeling for me. I barely slept tbh because I just wanted to watch the race! I was so excited for the whole thing.
    I'll never forget it!!!

ReputationRep:
    When my friend tripped down like two steps and broke his foot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    When I got the chance to meet SRK. He's such a class act

And when I got my degree result. Love how my friends and family reacted:love:
    Aww I love you so much!

And I'm so proud of you for making yourself, friends and family proud.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    This sounds so silly… bear with me.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've never been very confident. Not ever. For some reason, when I went to college… I decided I'd at least try to make an effort to boost my own morale… so I joined some stuff (can't say specifically because it'll ID me). One thing led to another and I attended a seminar that a company our college works with was holding. They were asking for volunteers to help on their student board, anyone who was interested should stay behind. So I did, I exchanged details, etc. etc…

I got a call the next day… they were wondering if I'd be able to attend a talk they were holding in London in partnership with Jisc (the company behind eduroam) and I decided to take the plunge and go to it. A day before the event, I was told that I'd be speaking at the event… this event was quite a big deal for them and the pressure was immeasurable. There were government education officials there, senior Ofsted inspectors, head teachers and principals from all over the county… it was a room of important people and I had to speak to them for 7 minutes. Needless to say, this was a very big deal for me too.

The day arrived and I went to the very swanky Jisc office in London, they had drinks first and we were all told to mingle. That was awkward, but these people seemed very nice. The talks began and suddenly it was my turn to speak… as I was introduced and nervously stood up, I had a weird epiphany…

These people don't know me, I don't know them. Why bother being shy and stumbling over my words?

I took my own advice and I'm not ashamed to say I KILLED IT! I was so shocked by this sudden bout of confidence that I was able to talk and engage the audience too! I even threw in some jokes and THEY LAUGHED! I was so proud :excited:

That's one of my happy memories. I am so happy I took a risk. Sometimes they work out. Oh, and I made their student board afterwards too. :giggle:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.