Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...were pretty nice!

Only got stumped on a couple of questions in Chem 5 and the multiple choice was relatively straight forward!

ReputationRep:
    5 was ok, but didnt like the multiple choice at all...

ReputationRep:
    i was sad and wrote the answers for 6 down: acbcbdaaadbdadcbbabdbccddbcbbbba aadacbaa

ReputationRep:
    both were sooo hard

ReputationRep:
    strangely enough it was the very first question in 5 that confused me! cos i didnt know exactly what it was looking for - 'word definitions' like 'enthalpy of atomisation' or a formula, cos it specified take into account what ways the arrows go, and moles etc :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I liked CHM5, Section A was pretty straightforward and most of Section B. I didn't reaaaallly like Question 9. I got 4 moles as the final value in 100g.

With CHM6, I found the paper pretty easy but I really don't like the marking system. When filling in a few circles I went slightly out of the circle and to fix this I marked another one wrong and then put a ring around my correct answers. I hope I don't lose any marks that I actually didn't get wrong.

But overall I feel good about the exams. And that concludes my A-levels! Just AEAs now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphira)
    strangely enough it was the very first question in 5 that confused me! cos i didnt know exactly what it was looking for - 'word definitions' like 'enthalpy of atomisation' or a formula, cos it specified take into account what ways the arrows go, and moles etc :confused:
    Yeah that was a bit confusing, particularly "take into account the number of moles". It was easy enough to label what they were but I was unsure if they wanted any extra detail... grrr! The rest of the question was a little tricky too. Hardest question of paper 5 part A in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonance)
    I liked CHM5, Section A was pretty straightforward and most of Section B. I didn't reaaaallly like Question 9. I got 4 moles as the final value in 100g.
    Crapola, I got 2.2 ish moles.

ReputationRep:
    For that I wrote the formula symbol (like /\Ha(1/2Cl2) and then defined it as, in that case, the enthalpy of atomisation of 1/2Cl2) but where it went from Cl2 --> 2Cl- I wrote a 2 in front.

Hey kingpong how do you know I'm right? I panicked during that question and tried to make some kind of sense of it. I hope even if it turns out wrong I get lots of method marks.

That question about What Kind of acidity is this? (referring to FeCl3) was great.

ReputationRep:
    i got 4 moles for the last bit.
    pH after dilution 1.71
    ka: 6.08 x 10^-3
    Pka: 2.2

ReputationRep:
    WICKED paper...especially chem 5, it was pretty straightforward..i didnt like the multiple choice though... on the whole i think i did better than expected.

ReputationRep:
    Ack, too many people are getting 4 grams for that last question.

How can you get 4 moles out of 100g of the sample?!

= mass of sample / rmm of MgO
    = 100 / 40.3
    = 2.48 moles

So surely 2.48 moles is the max MgO you can get out of 100g???

Help!

ReputationRep:
    you had to take away the moles of H2 somewhere in there - working right backwards through the whole question

ReputationRep:
    i skipped half of the acid anhydride question, couldnt see how youd make one out of that weird thing!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that was the other one that got me, took me ages to even come up with a structure!

O=C=CH-O-CH=C=O

That's what I put! God knows if it even exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphira)
    i skipped half of the acid anhydride question, couldnt see how youd make one out of that weird thing!
    acid anhydride is was is easy....question 9 was confusing multiple choice was .....

ReputationRep:
    Module 6 paper was herendous. An hour to do all those questions? Are they ****ing joking?

Module 5...seemed ok, couldnt do question 9(other than the equations), I couldnt get the pH of the diluted solution(I got like 2.12 or something, clearly wrong). couldnt draw the acid anhydride. Delta G = -47kJ, anyone get that?

ReputationRep:
    That anhydride one scared me but I came up with some kind of weird structure. Which isomer did you say reacts 'readily'? I said cis.

Oh and Sapphira I think I got the same pka as you. I must've also got the same ka as you therefore.

Did y'all get -46kj/mol for the free energy on one of the section B questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Module 6 paper was herendous. An hour to do all those questions? Are they ****ing joking?

Module 5...seemed ok, couldnt do question 9(other than the equations), I couldnt get the pH of the diluted solution(I got like 2.12 or something, clearly wrong). couldnt draw the acid anhydride. Delta G = -47kJ, anyone get that?
    Aha did you get -164.something for qn 1 the enthlapy of sln?

ReputationRep:
    yea i got the -46 too!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.