Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've been struggling for the last half an hour. On Mozilla and every other browser I keep getting the error message

"The page isn't redirecting properlyFirefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

I've tried every kind of "fix" imaginable, including checking whether I'm accepting cookies and clearing history + cookies.

Nothing is working.

I'm currently using my mobile's hotspot...

The problems started after BT Home Hub asked me to sign on...

Whenever I use the troubleshooter it tells me I need to complete log on process, but I end up on a Microsoft page, which is weird.

But the strangest thing is is that I can still use search engines like yahoo... even if my computer is telling me there's no internet access?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Turn it off and on again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Turn it off and on again.
    Seems silly, but I'll go try. It probably is that though, BT is useless.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Seems silly, but I'll go try. It probably is that though, BT is useless.
    TBH it does usually fix everything. Also the PC too.

ReputationRep:
    Steps to go through (instructions for Firefox, since you mentioned it):

0) Turn it off and on again (jneill isn't wrong: this really does work a lot of the time). That's a full power cycle: turn it off, wait at least 15 seconds, then turn it back on.
    1) Clear cache if you haven't already (you said history and cookies, but not the actual cache: Tools/Options/Advanced/Network/Chached Web Content/Clear Now).
    2) If that doesn't work, rename your cookies.sqlite file to something else (as a backup) and delete anything else that says cookies.sqlite-XXXXX in the Firefox profile folder.
    3) If that doesn't wrok, make sure your modem/router/hub settings aren't blocking anything (http://192.168.1.254, http://home or http://bthomehub.home, depending on the version: everything after that is very version-specific (except that the default password is written on the hub somewhere).
    4) If that doesn't work, use the hardware factory reset thing on the hub (again, model-specific, but it's got "Reset" written near it on all but the oldest version), and redo the setup on everything connected to it.
    5) If that doesn't work, reinstall your browsers (download the installers first or use a different computer to do it).
    6) If that doesn't work, reinstall your operating system (after backing stuff up properly).
    7) If that doesn't work, the problem is 100% on BT's end, ring them and get them to fix it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by BlueSam3)
    7) If that doesn't work, the problem is 100% on BT's end, ring them and get them to fix it.
    Maybe check the BT Service Status page before doing step 1 onwards...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Maybe check the BT Service Status page before doing step 1 onwards...?
    That too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.