Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trip to Vietnam... Recommendations. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm planning on going to Vietnam on a solo trip. I have not been anywhere by myself before. Has anyone got any recommendations on how to do it? Shall I go for a organised tour or shall I sort it myself?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people were travelling alone when I went. The hostels are very sociable (especially the Hanoi Backpackers hostels). As in they have bars in the reception area and organise trips to Halong Bay from the hostel.

I guess if you're confident enough to rock up at a hostel alone you'll be absolutely fine, but the travelling from place to place might be better in a group

Either way, you'll have a great time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicPsych14)
    Loads of people were travelling alone when I went. The hostels are very sociable (especially the Hanoi Backpackers hostels). As in they have bars in the reception area and organise trips to Halong Bay from the hostel.

I guess if you're confident enough to rock up at a hostel alone you'll be absolutely fine, but the travelling from place to place might be better in a group

Either way, you'll have a great time!
    So did you not travel alone when you went?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't no, I met my cousin out there. So we met a lot of people but travelled from place to place together

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Actually, Vietnam is consider as safer and cheaper country but this is first time you visit outside your country and alone, you should book tour which is safer and better than DIY. Further How long do you spend to travel Vietnam and when do you want come? Give me more details, I'll help you
    Happy travels!

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for a tour, try http://www.tailormadevietnam.com/. I've done a customized group tour with them myself and it's been one of the most amazing experiences I've had. So go for it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.