Burial at thebes and king Lear Divine order

Watch this thread
caityp
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone,
Im studying King Lear and Burial at thebes for my english exam and have to study 'Divine order' in both plays and am so stuck. Does anyone have any ideas or know where to find example essays?
Dappteman
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Hey i study both these texts as well. I can't seem to find any essays on this topic either but if you look at:
The divine right of kings
The highly religious imagery
The Great chain of being and the order of the "natural world"
Fate and Chance
The Gloucester Plot- "Now gods stand up for ********"
How the natural order is restored by the end of each play and Divine punishment
caityp
Rep:
This is great thanks a mil!😄 what other topics are you studying? I've done relevance today and tragic heroes, trying to think of other key ones I should do..
Dappteman
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by caityp)
This is great thanks a mil!😄 what other topics are you studying? I've done relevance today and tragic heroes, trying to think of other key ones I should do..
Hey no worries. At the moment I'm looking at Gender (heroines and Villainess) in both texts, Will of the Gods, Tragic endings and the effect they have on morale, the nature of each play, tragic suffering

Though to be fair most of these are not that likely to come up
caityp
Rep:
(Original post by Dappteman)
Hey no worries. At the moment I'm looking at Gender (heroines and Villainess) in both texts, Will of the Gods, Tragic endings and the effect they have on morale, the nature of each play, tragic suffering

Though to be fair most of these are not that likely to come up
These sound good! So much to do!!
Dappteman
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
These sound good! So much to do!!
No worries anytime

You wouldn't have any notes on John Donne or Butcher Boy. Particularly any notes on Butcher Boy, I'm starting to panic quite a bit about that section of the exam.
Any notes would be greatly appreciated.
Dappteman
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
No worries anytime

You wouldn't have any notes on John Donne or Butcher Boy. Particularly any notes on Butcher Boy, I'm starting to panic quite a bit about that section of the exam.
Oh and this is the thread for CCEA English literature , unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any interest but feel free to spread the word and hopefully we can get an idea Of what will come up on the actual exam and swap some ideas or essay plans

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4027491
caityp
Rep:
No worries anytime

Sorry unfortunately not, I do Wide Sargasso Sea and Jane Eyre, Rape of the lock and illusionist along with Thebes and Lear
Dappteman
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Sorry unfortunately not, I do Wide Sargasso Sea and Jane Eyre, Rape of the lock and illusionist along with Thebes and Lear
Hey no worries thanks anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
35.71%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (9)
32.14%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.14%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.57%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
7.14%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
10.71%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.57%

Watched Threads