Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I am new to this forum. Last time I signed onto this, I was 18 and wanted to be a midwife!! Those days are gone 😂😂

I did a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management when I was younger then during my 'midwife - one born every minute' stage, I did a HE/Access to Health Studies then left after a year and now I work in a pet shop full time with the exotic animals (reptiles, amphibs etc.). Recently, I've been thinking about teaching Animal Care as it is a subject I am passionate about and the fact that it is rubbish money doesnt necessarily bother me, my pay right now isn't fantastic 😂😂😂😂 just wondering what kind of steps I would have to take? As animal care is a bit of a weird one, that its not quite mainstream schooling or uni grading? Has anyone transitioned into teaching at a older age (Lmao im only 21) but I am interested in how long it would take, whether there is any point... if anyone else has any experience in this PLEASE message me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2308meg)
    Okay, so I am new to this forum. Last time I signed onto this, I was 18 and wanted to be a midwife!! Those days are gone 😂😂

I did a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management when I was younger then during my 'midwife - one born every minute' stage, I did a HE/Access to Health Studies then left after a year and now I work in a pet shop full time with the exotic animals (reptiles, amphibs etc.). Recently, I've been thinking about teaching Animal Care as it is a subject I am passionate about and the fact that it is rubbish money doesnt necessarily bother me, my pay right now isn't fantastic 😂😂😂😂 just wondering what kind of steps I would have to take? As animal care is a bit of a weird one, that its not quite mainstream schooling or uni grading? Has anyone transitioned into teaching at a older age (Lmao im only 21) but I am interested in how long it would take, whether there is any point... if anyone else has any experience in this PLEASE message me
    Animal care is mostly taught in further education such as in colleges so you would need to do a teacher training course to teach this age group. With your animal care qualification being level three, you could apply to a college to take the following courses in order: level 3 award in education and training, level 4 certificate and level 5 diploma. Most such courses are offered part time. They are the ones formally known as ptlls/ctlls/dtlls.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.