Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    **** I'm so angry that they've managed to ruin what was once my fav film - School of Rock - by making a stupid tv series out of it. It's on YouTube, they're so far from the original and the songs aren't even ****ing rock anymore, it's more of a show along the lines of Victorious or some other 12-year old ****. And ****ing hell they totally missed the point of School of Rock by making Tomika a skinny beaut. The point of having Tomika in the first place was that she was fat, had low self-esteem and didn't think that people could like her despite having a great voice. I watched the first episode. The characters have no depth whatsoever. WTF they're a bunch of annoying 12-year olds. The characters in the original film all had some kind of backstory and depth - Zack had an overprotective dad, he was a sheltered kid who discovered a passion for rock and music, Summer was an overachiever and an ass-licking perfectionist who in the end managed to work as a team and couldn't care less about grades, Freddy was this problematic angsty kid who turned to music to let out his anger and inhibitions. I could go on and on about this.

/rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWV1007)
    x
    Missed anger management class this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Missed anger management class this week.
    If you watch the series you will be pissed off (assuming you've seen the film). Ugh the Asian kid in the series is nothing more than just the average school kid. Lawrence, in the film on the other hand, was this stereotypical nerd who stuck to his comfort zone (classical music, piano, being quiet, reserved). He didn't think he could pass as a rockstar but his teacher convinced him that he could. He even had a solo keyboard part in the final song.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by BWV1007)
    x
    Hiya OP,

I've moved this over to TV Shows. Just a quick thing too… when you intend to swear, rather than self-censoring, simply type the word and allow the swear filter to censor things for you.

Cheers!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.