Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can anyone give me any tips on how to approach this question, I need to take a socio-legal approach (aka how the law is/is not responding to changes in society i.e rising cohabitation rates) but it is confusing me how to do so without deviating from it being a legal essay.
    "In the absence of unlikely legislative reform towards a statutory , common law and the constructive trust is the only protection afforded to cohabiting couples, however they have been routinely criticised."
    Critically analyse the above.
    I'm not sure if I am going off tangent by talking about the failed cohabitation bill and I know basic criticisms of the constructive trust but I am unsure as to how to fit it into a socio legal approach. It is mainly the case law that is confusing me in this approach.
    I tend to over-complicate things so any response is appreciated!
    Many thanks
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.