Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As there is just so many RTS games now, I was interested to see what others personal choice for their favourite RTS was.

For me it's got to be Command & Conquer Red Alert played that game to death when I was younger - it was my first game I played and it's one I have fond memories with. Also at the time when the options for games especially PS1 were limited I found myself playing this game for hours on end.

ReputationRep:
    If not Red Alert then Warcraft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    If not Red Alert then Warcraft.
    As I say there is just so many out there but it's all about personal reference, even the first Warhammer was a good game.

ReputationRep:
    AoE II hands down

ReputationRep:
    Age of Empires 3 was pretty amazing imo. Empire Earth was no bad either, from what I remember, was a while ago though since I last played it.

ReputationRep:
    Can't decide between Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge & Generals/Zero Hour.

Star Wars Empire at War/Forces of Corruption is probably the best non-Command & Conquer RTS I've played.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhaegoTarg)
    AoE II hands down
    ^^ this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Can't decide between Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge & Generals/Zero Hour.

Star Wars Empire at War/Forces of Corruption is probably the best non-Command & Conquer RTS I've played.
    I was actually just playing Yuri's revenge the other day so much fun. Though AoE II is a brilliant RTS as well you see

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you could class League of Legends as an RTS. It's more of a MOBA.

ReputationRep:
    Red Alert 1 & 2. Generals was great too.

Stronghold Crusader 1, Battle Realms, Rise of Nations & Rise of Legends are some of my other picks.

ReputationRep:
    AOE series
    BFME series
    Tiberium wars
    Red alert 2

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.