The Student Room Group

When do you choose your A levels?

Is it on results day or after?
I'm pretty sure you choose your a levels way before results day. I understand that you can change them after you receive your results if you need to, but I submitted my a level applications in december and I'm going to sixth form this september.
Reply 2
Original post by tiquismiquis
I'm pretty sure you choose your a levels way before results day. I understand that you can change them after you receive your results if you need to, but I submitted my a level applications in december and I'm going to sixth form this september.

Okay because I completed a form which I was told only expressed an interest in taking those A levels, not actually choosing them.
Original post by AxSirlotl
Okay because I completed a form which I was told only expressed an interest in taking those A levels, not actually choosing them.

Yeah, I guess its not fully confirmed until results day so you are only expressing interest at the moment. I thought you meant when to actually start thinking about what you want to study, haha
Yeah, you choose normally when applying a few months prior, but you can make any changes to them between when you apply & when your place is confirmed (either on results day or the day after)
I chose mine in December, but you can still change your choices on results day.
Before and then usually after results day switch if you dont have the required grades or dont like the subject

Quick Reply

Latest