Turn on thread page Beta

little lady fauntleroy watch

ReputationRep:
    ok, someone must have watched this last night?!

it was with that weird little antiques kid who had a sex change...

it was the oddest programme i have ever watched - and they had to be welsh, didnt they?! :rolleyes:

http://www.borkowski.co.uk/archives/press/little-1.jpg

:eek:

(Original post by sparkler)

it was the oddest programme i have ever watched - and they had to be welsh, didnt they?! :rolleyes:

LOL whatttttt omg

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I've always thought this family was mad, but the "documentary" was terribly done. We didn't need all that scary music and pausing on their mad expressions - it just made me feel like I was being manipulated. And Keith Allen seemed to sympathise a bit with them getting bricks through their windows etc - didn't he stop to think this programme might be making things worse for them?

ReputationRep:
    yeh I thought they'd been manipulated a bit by the documentary

ReputationRep:
    I watched it and thought it was very, very, very disturbing.

Although Keith Allen maybe criticised for making their situation worse, to be honest, that family have no-one to blame but themselves. The last 10 minutes of the program just went to prove that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)

Although Keith Allen maybe criticised for making their situation worse, to be honest, that family have no-one to blame but themselves. The last 10 minutes of the program just went to prove that.
    yeah, they were just attention seekers - and i felt sorry for the people they "counselled" cos of all their phoney doctorates. I loved the bit at the very end when Keith Allen was sitting in the restaurant going "I'm a counsellor - I've had life experience".

They were just one mucked up family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)

what happened in the last 10 minutes - fell asleep before it finished...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlord)
    what happened in the last 10 minutes - fell asleep before it finished...
    the presenter took the whole family out for lunch and he decided to confront them about all their lies and stuff instead of just making snide comments in a voice over later. He got really angry becuase they continued to lie about their degrees and all the other crap they got up to - and he got so mad he just stormed off.

ReputationRep:
    It was done in a very derogatory way - I didn't like Keith Allen one bit, but admittedly they were pretty weird. They didn't deserve the taunts from neighbours 24/7. It didn't really seem to explain why the boy got the sex change - it just focused on making 'Lauren' out to be a weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thom18)
    It was done in a very derogatory way - I didn't like Keith Allen one bit, but admittedly they were pretty weird. They didn't deserve the taunts from neighbours 24/7. It didn't really seem to explain why the boy got the sex change - it just focused on making 'Lauren' out to be a weirdo.
    i think that if you set yourself up to be better than everypone else and are so obviously keen to be seen as more important than you are they did deserve some of the abuse -they were arrogant and self absorbed.

Lauren was obviously messed up somehow by the whole families shenanigans. I don't think she was weird per se, just a desperate attention seeker (in her actions like acting singing etc, not the sex change)... tho how she managed to get counselling from her mother before the op astounds me! I thought that you had to have specially approved counsellors.

ReputationRep:
    Doctor of metaphysics? What is that to do with? :confused:

The kid was just completely bizarre never seen anyone like that.

The documentary was quite good but very one sided and they didn't touch upon some of the more interesting stuff to do with the kid growing up etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thom18)
    is keith allen otherwise known as Fat Les?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)

was fascinating.

Thye do seem to be a family with more than a few issues. Since that programme though, I've gotten myself 7 doctorates, including one in time travel!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.