Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why was my bf looking at his ex on instagram? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my 21 year old bf have been together since february, we live 2 hours away from each other and we have a really great relationship. i know he had an ex who he was with for 5 years,i think they broke up in 2014. he was at my house this weekend and i was just on his phone (not snooping, just looking at his feeds and stuff, he doesn't mind) and in his recent searches i am the most frequent search and his ex is the second most recent search. I'm pretty sure they don't talk anymore as she has a new bf herself now, but I'm just wondering if i should be worried? like why would he want or need to look her up? it kind of upset me a little because it means he still thinks about her. thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Curious?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Ofc he still thinks about her, he was with her for 25% of his life. I would think curious, he might even be friends still or the worst of enemies. He wouldnt give you his phone of he had anything to hide.

ReputationRep:
    Curiosity.
    Maybe he hasn't gotten over her.
    Maybe he doesn't search on Instagram that often, and she just happens to be the second person he last searched for.

Since you appear to have an open and honest relationship by way of being able to look at each-other's phones, I would just ask him. He clearly hasn't got anything to hide.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't frequency of searching also taken into account as well as how recent it was? So a reasonable number of searches in 2015, then maybe one in 2016, could make it show? Were there any other names? If not, then it'd probably just be basing it on past history.

ReputationRep:
    Curiosity? I do that all the time tbh, doesn't mean anything to me. I get why it feels weird though, it's strange to accept that they once loved someone other than you, at least to me. At first I didn't want to think about his exes, wanted him to have a mental block too tbh. Once we were relaxing and he was wearing a hoodie from a uni he didnt go to- turns out it was his exes. It weirded me out but really it shouldnt, she was part of his life, why should I want him to pretend she isnt? Talk to him if you need reassurance, but I'm sure it's nothing

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it means anything, I always check up on people I don't even talk to anymore, you're being very paranoid.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.