Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are the Tories opposed to small business in favour of big business? watch

ReputationRep:
    The far right of the Tory party has recently been seen as opposed to small business yet very supportive of big business and conglomerates.

We have seen how the controversial workfare scheme has provided free labour to big high street chain shops while smaller businesses have struggled.

Also increased business rates and taxes have been used by Tory councils to push small business to bankruptcy.

One reason I believe this is a right wing Tory ideology is because the right supports wage slavery. They oppose small business as they believe the self employed are better employed by big firms and dictated to by their bosses. Its social engineering, and the return of Victorian feudal values. No individual may be his own boss and seek personal wealth and freedom, but rather be controlled by the bosses of big industry to feed the wealth of the directors and CEOs. To be kept in their place and ensure the class structure remains intact.
    The politicians today support capitalism if its at the advantage of big business yet dislike entrepreneurs.

ReputationRep:
    I am eagerly waiting this discussion, hoping to aid my education

ReputationRep:
    No... check business starting loans and Cameron economic plan to create jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Anti-Tory bias aside, what evidence do you have to suggest that that Conservatives favour big business instead of small business?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    The far right of the Tory party has recently been seen as opposed to small business yet very supportive of big business and conglomerates.

We have seen how the controversial workfare scheme has provided free labour to big high street chain shops while smaller businesses have struggled.

Also increased business rates and taxes have been used by Tory councils to push small business to bankruptcy.

One reason I believe this is a right wing Tory ideology is because the right supports wage slavery. They oppose small business as they believe the self employed are better employed by big firms and dictated to by their bosses. Its social engineering, and the return of Victorian feudal values. No individual may be his own boss and seek personal wealth and freedom, but rather be controlled by the bosses of big industry to feed the wealth of the directors and CEOs. To be kept in their place and ensure the class structure remains intact.
    The politicians today support capitalism if its at the advantage of big business yet dislike entrepreneurs.
    The Tories instinctively favour small businesses. However big business finds it easier to get the ear of government, of whichever party.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the Tories have been OK with regard to small business but of course their hands are tied to extent. Broadly speaking, anybody who wishes to tax small business and anybody who wishes to add regulations, red tape etc is the enemy of small business.

ReputationRep:
    The Tories are in favour of whoever can line their pockets most lavishly. Big businesses can lobby them harder, so they like big businesses and are opposed to their competitors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)

FWI I'm a tory nutcase, so this may be slightly biased.. Read at your own warning :bootyshake::bootyshake:

I think they are in favour of all types of employment, and particually big business'. They offer tax cuts, tax credits, tax free zones, loans, advice, and often praise small business and encourage the use of them in speeches. Cameron is really trying to encourage small business to begin exporting, and also offer late payments. Business tax is also a great new inovation to help small business and help to grow schemes are also starting to take of. He's repeatedly argued them to be 'the growth engine of the economy', and has been trying to encourage FDI into the UK and into small business. It would have been great if during there campaining they used small outsourcing, printing, directry, communication and transport business, and also great to see an increase in loans to small business but the economy has been ever growing since 2010 (how funny, just when the conservatives came in ) and hopefully small business will continue to do the same

Hope that wasn't too biased, I tried to dial it back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    The Tories are in favour of whoever can line their pockets most lavishly. Big businesses can lobby them harder, so they like big businesses and are opposed to their competitors.
    What a fantastic sweeping statement.

Don't talk politics if you cant back up points with evidence, and your only arguments are opinionated sweeping statements.

ReputationRep:
    Of course they prefer big business.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.