Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'm looking into uni accommodation and panic is starting to set in a bit. I need to know what "All bills included" means?

I think it would mean electricity, gas etc. but there are some halls I'm looking into that don't this phrase in their description, so does that mean I'd have to pay electricity separately or?

People are telling me different things so I don't know what to think. Any help you could offer would be really great, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Basically if it says all bills included, the Price you pay will be what you pay and that's it. If it doesn't state "all bills included" or you ask and they say they aren't, then what ever the price is stated will be just for rent, and you have to sort out gas, electric, council tax etc separately.

ReputationRep:
    All bills included means that you pay a set price for rent that will also cover the cost of bills, possibly wifi and tv licence but do check this.

If in any doubt, phone any potential accommodation to be sure. Avoid hidden costs with transparent communication.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thank you guys so much. Finally two people that were able to give me some straight answers! Thanks so much, you've really lifted a weight from my mind

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.