Turn on thread page Beta

Should i do a postgrad? leeds met? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Just looking for some advice really, I am currently doing a teaching degree at my hometown university but have just lost all passion for it.

To cut a long story short, I have been looking at studying something else for a year as a post-grad and moving away - potentially to Leeds. Where I live currently is very quiet with nothing much going on and although I am very close to my parents and the thought of moving away from them upsets and scares me - I feel like I need to do it to look at my career options and to get some independence.

Any advice on post-grad degrees - are they worth it? will I feel awkward being older than most students?
    And what's Leeds like? My best friend went there and loves it.

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    A postgrad degree is going to cost you c£20k.. I get the imprssion you just wnat to escape and get away bu extending your uni life. If you choose one then understand what it is you will get from the degree and how you will use it. Getting away from home is not a good enough reason for me. identify a career first.

Being older irrelevant and you probably wouldnt be anyway.

Leeds is fine, biggish norther city, cheaper than the south. Go and visit your best friend and make your own mind up.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.