AQA LITB1 resit

Watch this thread
rachelthehuman
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I haven't seen a thread for anyone resisting this exam so I thought I'd make one in case anyone flunked it as badly as I did last year!
How are you revising for it? Going over old notes or making whole new ones?
QueenBee98
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rachelthehuman)
So I haven't seen a thread for anyone resisting this exam so I thought I'd make one in case anyone flunked it as badly as I did last year!
How are you revising for it? Going over old notes or making whole new ones?
Hey

What texts are you doing? I'm resitting too!
In all honesty, I've barely done anything - too much coursework to do in one go

:ymca:
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by QueenBee98)
Hey

What texts are you doing? I'm resitting too!
In all honesty, I've barely done anything - too much coursework to do in one go

:ymca:
Same! I'm also re-sitting.

I did Gatsby, Enduring Love, Ryme of the Ancient Mariner and Browning poetry! Fml I have so much to get through
rachelthehuman
Rep:
Hello there nice to see someone else resitting!
I am doing The Great Gatsby, possibly Enduring Love (I did the Kite Runner last year and hated it), Robert Frost, and Auden. How about you?
Yeah, same here to be honest. I've had six pieces of coursework to get through (four of which were English) so it's been difficult to find time to revise.
If you don't mind me asking, what result did you get last year? It was a horrible exam paper, section B completely stumped me
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I am doing The Great Gatsby, possibly Enduring Love (I did the Kite Runner last year and hated it), Robert Frost, and Auden. How about you?
Yeah, same here to be honest. I've had six pieces of coursework to get through (four of which were English) so it's been difficult to find time to revise.
If you don't mind me asking, what result did you get last year? It was a horrible exam paper, section B completely stumped me
Enduring love is terrible, honestly I would stick with the text that you already know!

I'm still struggling with annotating it...(even though I've barely made a dent because of all the coursework!).
rachelthehuman
Rep:
(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
Enduring love is terrible, honestly I would stick with the text that you already know!

I'm still struggling with annotating it...(even though I've barely made a dent because of all the coursework!).
Well I've recently read the book for relaxed reading, and I really enjoyed it so I think I might be okay to use it in the exam (though to be honest I'm leaning towards poetry for part A so I won't need to know the prose texts quite so thoroughly)

It is pretty difficult to just sit down and analyse books, it always seems like you are on a path that only leads to a brick wall what coursework have you had (or has lit been your only one)?
QueenBee98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
Same! I'm also re-sitting.

I did Gatsby, Enduring Love, Ryme of the Ancient Mariner and Browning poetry! Fml I have so much to get through
I'm doing Great Gatsby too! But I'm also doing Poetry and another book

Ahahahahaha I'm also doing Gatsby, Kite Runner , Auden and Frost! It's just too difficult to manage it!
Ahhh I got a B in coursework and ...... DUN DUN DUN!!!!! U
haitsyazz
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Im retsitting as well, and really want to know if anyone has an idea or estimate of what is to come up for section B??
rachelthehuman
Rep:
Ahahahahaha I'm also doing Gatsby, Kite Runner , Auden and Frost! It's just too difficult to manage it!
Ahhh I got a B in coursework and ...... DUN DUN DUN!!!!! U
How do you find them? I really love Frost and Gatsby it really is! Only a month to go and I am completely lost...
Ah, that must have been pretty crushing to do so well in coursework but not in the exam. I had an A in coursework but a D in the exam, which cancelled out to a C overall.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Ah, that must have been pretty crushing to do so well in coursework but not in the exam. I had an A in coursework but a D in the exam, which cancelled out to a C overall.
Same thing happened with me!
QueenBee98
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
How do you find them? I really love Frost and Gatsby it really is! Only a month to go and I am completely lost...
They were alright Ahahahahaha I am too Ooohhh well done!
To be honest, I knew it would go badly so I wasn't bothered :nyan:
username1084917
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hello, would any one like some Great Gatsby, The rime of the ancient mariner and Rossetti poem notes?
rachelthehuman
Rep:
(Original post by Kira Yagami)
Hello, would any one like some Great Gatsby, The rime of the ancient mariner and Rossetti poem notes?
Gatsby notes would be fantastic!
username1084917
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Gatsby notes would be fantastic!
Hi, please tell me what you think
Attached files
rachelthehuman
Rep:
Hi, please tell me what you think
These are fantastic! Thank you so much
crashMATHS
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I sat LITB1 last year, but I think echoes and repetition is a good one to practise for Section B.
CathyHeathcliff
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3975647
username1084917
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kingaaran)
I sat LITB1 last year, but I think echoes and repetition is a good one to practise for Section B.
What ums did you get?
crashMATHS
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What ums did you get?
120 lol
username1084917
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Nice. How did you do in your other subjects. What uni are you going to and for what course?
(Original post by kingaaran)
120 lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads