Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what does a good friendship mean to you? Watch

halp, I want friends

can someone plz give me advice on my 'friendship going downhill' thread? thx

ReputationRep:
    Good friendships mean a lot and they're hard to come by. Of all things, I value honesty and loyalty in a friendship and these are qualities which are often lacking in people these days especially before they properly mature into adulthood. Maybe if you work on these yourself you can get more friends.

Also, have confidence in yourself. Don't be that one person to be dragging your friends down by lacking in confidence because it will make them leave you behind - be the one to shine instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -CarpeDiem-)
    Good friendships mean a lot and they're hard to come by. Of all things, I value honesty and loyalty in a friendship and these are qualities which are often lacking in people these days especially before they properly mature into adulthood. Maybe if you work on these yourself you can get more friends.

Also, have confidence in yourself. Don't be that one person to be dragging your friends down by lacking in confidence because it will make them leave you behind - be the one to shine instead.
    Good advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    halp, I want friends
    internet friends are a good place to start

because i'm more of an introvert than extrovert i value friendship lots and thus i have very few friends, however these few friends i have almost complete trust in.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    can someone plz give me advice on my 'friendship going downhill' thread? thx
    good thing i can post on your thread when you're anon lol

ReputationRep:
    Someone that you never get bored of seeing, and you know that you could trust them with anything. Thats what friendship means to me
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    To me a good friend is someone who has my back, not someone who talks behind it. Truthfully, I've not had many true friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honesty and loyalty. Be there for them when they need you and don't keep anything hidden, like feeling angry or upset for a specific reason, cause it just builds up and leads to distancing. Talk to each other xD

ReputationRep:
    a good friendship in my opinion would be remembering your best friend OF 14 YEARS'S birthday and wishing them a happy birthday instead of posting stupid stories of face swap on snapchat but I'm not sour or salty, I'm not mad...water off me back. idc..me? bothered? nope. don't care

rant over. I feel better.

So to answer your question..someone who is selfless, kind and is a good listener would make a good friendship.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.