Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Something embarrassing just happened to me and I was humiliated in front of so many people and everyone was laughing and i even got a few looks of pity- which is worse!!😭 And I looked like an absolute mess, my make up was sweating down my face...i was bright red! How can i forget about this horrific experience?? Its all i'm thinking about and i should be studying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Something embarrassing just happened to me and I was humiliated in front of so many people and everyone was laughing and i even got a few looks of pity- which is worse!!😭 And I looked like an absolute mess, my make up was sweating down my face...i was bright red! How can i forget about this horrific experience?? Its all i'm thinking about and i should be studying.
    If you had witnessed what happened to you will you be thinking about it right now.
    Probably not.
    None of this matters now to these people.

ReputationRep:
    Making a post isn't going to help you forget it.

ReputationRep:
    Embarrassing things happen to everyone, just distract yourself and try not to think about what happened. It probably wasn't as terrible as it seems and people will forget about it soon enough

ReputationRep:
    The truth is, it might have been funny but trust me no one's actually spending their time thinking about your embarrassing moment no matter how much it seems that way, people have better stuff to think about. So try and put yourself in that mindset too, you have better things to think about. Even though it might seem like everyone's laughing at you and no one's ever going to forget, the truth is it really is an insignificant event to everyone.

Try to remember the last time you witnessed someone else in an embarrassing situation; like you watched someone fall on their ass or something more embarrassing. Sure you probably chuckled a bit, that's human nature, but you probably went back to thinking about more important things 5 minutes later and the truth was you didn't give that much of a **** about that person's unfortunate event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What happened.
    I say just grieve the experience until the adrenaline calms down in your body, and then mentally prepare yourself to bounce back. Think about how you got into whichever situation this was and make sure you don't get into it again (were you rushing? and if so, why were you rushing? were you late so rushing? if so, why were you late? did you not plan the night before? do you have time management challenges? Planning is essential. Then you won't rush, then you won't trip over your feet or bump into something/someone and knock something/someone over, or fall over with it).

(Did you just miss a step and tumble over? Look where you walk next time.)

(Was it flatulence? I can't really help you there, just accept it's natural and whoever laughed is immature.)

(Was it menstrual stains? Plan again your next cycle and always keep lady items with you.)

I can't think of anything else embarrassing. :\

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.