Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have savings of several thousands. Where would the best place be to invest my money to get a decent return

I was thinking of stocks and shares but it can be volatile

Any ideas

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know how to trade, it's best not Maybe open an account with Hargreaves Lansdown and invest in Funds etc. This will mean someone else will trade on your behalf with years of experience and you will play a % fee on this. But with anything like this you can still lose money so it depends how much you are willing to risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    Hi

I have savings of several thousands. Where would the best place be to invest my money to get a decent return

I was thinking of stocks and shares but it can be volatile

Any ideas
    go on ebay and look up oldtreasures333 as they have a lot of stuff priced well below retail you can make a fast profit on
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i must have bought 30-40 things from them and made about 100% profit on all of them but for the 3 i kept myself

ReputationRep:
    Hi

The best place would be in peer to peer savings. If I was you id go for one called rate setter. You can put in money for a fixed term which you choose from 30 days to 5 years. Good rates and low chance of losing any money, no one has lost money since it began 5 or so years ago. I have money in funding circle which is a similar company but more risky and i lost a bit of money but still getting interest rates of arouns 6 percent!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.