Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i really someones help figuring this out as me and my parents are discussing my future fiances for university but had a question about how the maintenance loan is paid into our bank accounts? i'm eligible for £8552 will it be paid over the 3 terms so about £2850 each term and then the same again next year until i graduate.

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathzeta10)
    i really someones help figuring this out as me and my parents are discussing my future fiances for university but had a question about how the maintenance loan is paid into our bank accounts? i'm eligible for £8552 will it be paid over the 3 terms so about £2850 each term and then the same again next year until i graduate.

Thanks
    Yes its termly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Yes its termly
    also will it be paid at the same time as my tuition fee which is the 19th September?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    also will it be paid at the same time as my tuition fee which is the 19th September?
    Assuming they confirm your attendance on time you should do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Assuming they confirm your attendance on time you should do
    thanks so much for your help

ReputationRep:
    By the way, you have to re-apply ever year, for your tuition fees as well as your maintenance loan till you graduate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sana_Akram)
    By the way, you have to re-apply ever year, for your tuition fees as well as your maintenance loan till you graduate
    i was already aware of that but thank you for replying
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You should get a schedule of payments from SLC/Student Finance. This will explain the dates/weeks you'll be paid.

It is usually a week AFTER you start your course (your university has to confirm your attendance to the SLC before they pay the funds into your account).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You should get a schedule of payments from SLC/Student Finance. This will explain the dates/weeks you'll be paid.

It is usually a week AFTER you start your course (your university has to confirm your attendance to the SLC before they pay the funds into your account).
    thanks for the info

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.