The Student Room Group

Studying Law in the US

Im currently finishing up 10th grade in Denmark and going into he IB course this August. I plan to become an attorney in the US (probably in NY) and Im wondering what I have to do to get into a good Law school, hopefully an Ivy League school. Im wondering how IB students are looked upon in the States and if my subject choices are acceptable:
English HL
Maths HL
History HL
Economics SL
Danish SL
Environmental systems and societies SL

I also cant seem to get a solid answer on whether you need a Bachelors degree to attend Law school, some people say you do, others say it isnt necessary.

Any help on any of this would be appreciated :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by evan.t.t
Im currently finishing up 10th grade in Denmark and going into he IB course this August. I plan to become an attorney in the US (probably in NY) and Im wondering what I have to do to get into a good Law school, hopefully an Ivy League school. Im wondering how IB students are looked upon in the States and if my subject choices are acceptable:
English HL
Maths HL
History HL
Economics SL
Danish SL
Environmental systems and societies SL

I also cant seem to get a solid answer on whether you need a Bachelors degree to attend Law school, some people say you do, others say it isnt necessary.

Any help on any of this would be appreciated :smile:

Yes, you need an undergraduate degree to attend law school in the US. Best bet for you is to get excellent grades and a good LSAT score to get into law school in the US.

Another way to do it (cost-effective, but a lower chance of getting into the US legal field) is to complete a law degree in the UK and then do an LLM at an ABA-accredited school before completing your bar exam in NY.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending