Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im currently finishing up 10th grade in Denmark and going into he IB course this August. I plan to become an attorney in the US (probably in NY) and Im wondering what I have to do to get into a good Law school, hopefully an Ivy League school. Im wondering how IB students are looked upon in the States and if my subject choices are acceptable:
    English HL
    Maths HL
    History HL
    Economics SL
    Danish SL
    Environmental systems and societies SL

I also cant seem to get a solid answer on whether you need a Bachelors degree to attend Law school, some people say you do, others say it isnt necessary.

Any help on any of this would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evan.t.t)
    Im currently finishing up 10th grade in Denmark and going into he IB course this August. I plan to become an attorney in the US (probably in NY) and Im wondering what I have to do to get into a good Law school, hopefully an Ivy League school. Im wondering how IB students are looked upon in the States and if my subject choices are acceptable:
    English HL
    Maths HL
    History HL
    Economics SL
    Danish SL
    Environmental systems and societies SL

I also cant seem to get a solid answer on whether you need a Bachelors degree to attend Law school, some people say you do, others say it isnt necessary.

Any help on any of this would be appreciated
    Yes, you need an undergraduate degree to attend law school in the US. Best bet for you is to get excellent grades and a good LSAT score to get into law school in the US.

Another way to do it (cost-effective, but a lower chance of getting into the US legal field) is to complete a law degree in the UK and then do an LLM at an ABA-accredited school before completing your bar exam in NY.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.