Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does he not like me anymore...and why does it hurt so much? watch

So this guy liked me for over a year and in that time it was very obvious that he liked me and he would talk to me/flirt with me etc. But he was also my friend and I knew that I could tell him anything and he wouldn't judge me.

But in the last couple of months a lot of stuff has happened and along the way he seems to have just developed a hatred for me. It is clear now that he no longer likes me or even cares for me. He doesn't talk to me, he chooses not to sit next to me in class and if I try to tell him something funny or a story he just brushes me off.

I don't understand how someone can go from liking someone so much to not even caring at all? Is it me? Have I changed?

I know that before he "liked liked" me he liked me for my personality and he would hug me, be protective etc and was so lovely. I really wish that it could go back to that but he just doesn't give a damn anymore. So does this mean that i'm not as nice as I was as now he doesn't even seem to like my personality? When I'm around him I now just feel annoying and clingy and desperate and I know that I should just forget him but I really miss my friend and how it was before everything😭😔

ReputationRep:
    He realised he was never escaping the friendzone.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    No. It is him. teenagers can be very erratic, so dont go blaming yourself. If he cant even be nice or polite, then he aint worth it. You will meet plenty of people, who will like you so dont worry. he might change in future but hats up to him just get on with things. hes more likley to look at you positively if he sees you cna cope quite well on your own. Its not you.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    No. It is him. teenagers can be very erratic, so dont go blaming yourself. If he cant even be nice or polite, then he aint worth it. You will meet plenty of people, who will like you so dont worry. he might change in future but hats up to him just get on with things. hes more likley to look at you positively if he sees you cna cope quite well on your own. Its not you.
    Thank you, that means a lot to me.

(Original post by Bugsy)
    He realised he was never escaping the friendzone.
    Thank you for answering! But the thing is I did used to like him, so much! And I'm sure that he must have known. I don't know, i'm very affectionate towards everyone so maybe he assumed I was just treating him like I treat everyone?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I think you are worrying too much its you, when hes probably just being immature and mean. Sometimes immature people are like that, when he grows up if ever then perhaps he wouldnt behave in such a way, either way its clear his bad behaviour is his problem and you musnt think its a reflection on you. In future you will meet plenty of people who are better than he is so dont take it to heart just for the sake of an incnsiderate person. he expects you to be upset and not get on with things, so dont give him that satisfaction and just get on with other things. he doesnt deserve your friendship if he cnat behave like a friend. Again its not you its him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you for answering! But the thing is I did used to like him, so much! And I'm sure that he must have known. I don't know, i'm very affectionate towards everyone so maybe he assumed I was just treating him like I treat everyone?
    If you knew he liked you more than a friend and you liked him back why didn't you say anything

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.