The Student Room Group

100 UMS in C1/C2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Lol i did good in pure maths and M1 M2 with loest being 94 in C2. M3 75 (lost 7 marks on a suvat ****ing hell and added some gpe) S2 49 lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by notnek
I was also a late bloomer - I got my only 100s in Further Maths modules.

I was definitely the odd one out module wise with my friends :u:
Reply 61
Original post by Student403
No it isn't

Divide that by 8 and that's what I do daily :rave:
Original post by notnek
For past papers? Try this.

thnx
Original post by Ayman!
Divide that by 8 and that's what I do daily :rave:

Take your number and minus 1 = mine :sad:
Original post by C0balt
With C1 C2 I don't think you need to do every single paper to gain enough exam technique as long as you're thorough on the contents from whatever learning method you took. Particularly for maths, if you read the question, solve them correctly and show enough steps you get the marks without memorising the mark schemes, unlike something like AQA Physics where they ask you some silly phrases for you to gain the mark. But what I found is that by doing **** loads of paper I got faster and faster at doing the questions and in the real exam I could redo the paper a couple of times to find any silly mistakes. (even then I did make a few silly mistakes in C2, but oh well, life is not always fair :tongue:)

aqa physics ums boundaries tho
Reply 65
Original post by samb1234
aqa physics ums boundaries tho

A2 papers have godly boundaries man, I could skip the entire six marker and still get full lol
Original post by C0balt
A2 papers have godly boundaries man, I could skip the entire six marker and still get full lol

Lucky you guys :sad: Have you seen Edexcel's Unit 4!?

74/80 for full last summer .-.
I seriously cannot deal with C2, it's easy to understand in the textbook but in an exam paper its just eugh :angry:. I feel like it's too late to do past papers- i should've started long time ago :s-smilie:

last year unit 4 was 59/75, unit 5 was 68/75. Admittedly there was a mistake in one of the questions in the unit 4 one tho
Reply 69

:frown: I really like Edexcel for Chemistry though! There hasn't been many ******** questions often found in AQA lol

That moment I realise painfully that my life is being overtaken by exams....I just typed Edexcel into my computer search instead of Excel :lol:
last year unit 4 was 59/75, unit 5 was 68/75. Admittedly there was a mistake in one of the questions in the unit 4 one tho

Huh? Physics is out of 80

Original post by C0balt
:frown: I really like Edexcel for Chemistry though! There hasn't been many ******** questions often found in AQA lol

That moment I realise painfully that my life is being overtaken by exams....I just typed Edexcel into my computer search instead of Excel :lol:

LOL
Huh? Physics is out of 80

LOL

I meant for aqa
I meant for aqa

Oh for you guys. Wow!
Reply 73
Original post by 66Sharlene99
I seriously cannot deal with C2, it's easy to understand in the textbook but in an exam paper its just eugh :angry:. I feel like it's too late to do past papers- i should've started long time ago :s-smilie:

Don't worry, I did my first C2 paper on the 6th April and only started doing them seriously in May last year. Just get on with it now instead of worrying :tongue:
Oh for you guys. Wow!

tbf there was a mistake on a question. can't remember the exact details but they either added or omitted a milli prefix when they weren't supposed to so if you had plotted the graph they wanted would have just been a straight line lol rather than an exponential decay (was a capacitor question iirc)
tbf there was a mistake on a question. can't remember the exact details but they either added or omitted a milli prefix when they weren't supposed to so if you had plotted the graph they wanted would have just been a straight line lol rather than an exponential decay (was a capacitor question iirc)

That might have messed a lot of people up without good exam technique
Reply 76
That might have messed a lot of people up without good exam technique

They accepted both answers using kilo ohms and ohms anyway, but if it were in my own exam it would've messed up my mood badly lol
Original post by C0balt
They accepted both answers using kilo ohms and ohms anyway, but if it were in my own exam it would've messed up my mood badly lol

Exactly - there are many people who do exams a) without moving on from a question until they're finished it or b) who really get affected by mood and progress in an exam.

Obviously neither is ideal but it happens and it lets these people suffer :frown:
Reply 78
Original post by notnek
Getting a good grade in maths requires understanding. Past papers often help improve grades but only for students who already have the understanding. 6/7 papers is fine for most students.

But getting 100 UMS is a completely different matter. For most students it requires a hell of a lot of practice. This includes doing as many papers as they can to get the edge on types of questions asked.

On TSR, getting 100 UMS isn't that uncommon but in reality it's a very rare event that is unheard of in most schools, even for C1. And the students who do get it have often done every past paper they can find.

Great Advice!
The Gold papers etc aren't Solomon papers. They are papers put together by Graham from Edexcel using questions from past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest