The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Dilema with housing, need advice and help URGENT

Basically me and 2 friends are looking at moving to Huddersfield and we all have firm choices there and are on target to be getting in, this will be our first year in uni.

We applied through Martin and Co for housing and so far have paid the application fees, very early I know. I'm having serious doubts about wanting to move in first year now as commuting will be fine but I'm not confident in living away from family and paying for everything and getting into loads of debt as I can't get any help from family.

I'm thinking about seeing if I can get my application fees back for all of us pulling out and living at home, but I also want to move out for other reasons and basically really want to know if the fees can be refunded and if so how, it was the 13th when I applied if that helps. If someone can please help quickly I'll be very happy.
Reply 1
Original post by zombiehandout
Basically me and 2 friends are looking at moving to Huddersfield and we all have firm choices there and are on target to be getting in, this will be our first year in uni.

We applied through Martin and Co for housing and so far have paid the application fees, very early I know. I'm having serious doubts about wanting to move in first year now as commuting will be fine but I'm not confident in living away from family and paying for everything and getting into loads of debt as I can't get any help from family.

I'm thinking about seeing if I can get my application fees back for all of us pulling out and living at home, but I also want to move out for other reasons and basically really want to know if the fees can be refunded and if so how, it was the 13th when I applied if that helps. If someone can please help quickly I'll be very happy.

It's unlikely you'll get the fees back, but you'd need to check the agreement you have signed
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending