Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ryte I play really loud music and have a lot of house parties and I'm wondering what time I have to turn my music down because I dint want complaints and don't really know where to fined this info and need to know asap because my next party is in 2 week music is amplified so is very loud and people near by can defo hear it

ReputationRep:
    If you have parties all the time why are you asking what time you should turn your music down, because clearly it hasn't been an issue so far if nobody's complained?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marlon2711)
    Ryte I play really loud music and have a lot of house parties and I'm wondering what time I have to turn my music down because I dint want complaints and don't really know where to fined this info and need to know asap because my next party is in 2 week music is amplified so is very loud and people near by can defo hear it
    I believe it is between 23.00 and 07.00

ReputationRep:
    Extend invitation to people nearby as a means of gratitude, ask them if it bothers them and come to an agreement about certain times / days.

ReputationRep:
    I have had complaints and my landlord is pissing me of now so I need to know the legal times
    (Original post by Novascope)
    If you have parties all the time why are you asking what time you should turn your music down, because clearly it hasn't been an issue so far if nobody's complained?

ReputationRep:
    ok will do thanks
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Extend invitation to people nearby as a means of gratitude, ask them if it bothers them and come to an agreement about certain times / days.

ReputationRep:
    thanks I have heard that before but wasn't sure if it was true
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    I believe it is between 23.00 and 07.00

ReputationRep:
    Find the info on the Council website, noise pollution section, or make a phone call to the Council with same question.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...d-neighbours-0

Was very easy to google that.

And maybe try being a considerate neighbour and human being. I live next door to people who act like you, it's horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)

And maybe try being a considerate neighbour and human being. I live next door to people who act like you, it's horrible.
    It's probably him :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    It's probably him :rofl:
    Haha nah it's not.

ReputationRep:
    People like you are the absolute worst.

How inconsiderate.

You should've found all this out before disturbing people, and at least had the common decency to tell your neighbors and ask them if it was okay.

(Original post by marlon2711)
    As long as you don't have people threatening you, it's all good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    As mentioned, it's meant to be between 11pm and 7am. But during those hours, please be considerate of other people. Not everyone really wants to hear your loud music. Especially those with young children. A friend has 2 children, including a child with special needs. She has complained several times that not long after settling the youngest one down, the noise starts. And the neighbours know she has young children.

(Original post by SophieSmall)

That would appear to be a Northern Irish page, I didn't know OP was NI (or you for that matter).

Thankfully I live in an area where most people are either retired or young parents, so you don't get any noise except the odd radio put on my a workman. Probably I'm the worst for loud music, living in an end terrace and putting Dark Side on quite loud...

ReputationRep:
    Just do whatever you like and if no one else appreciates your loud music well who cares?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.