Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm considering moving to Glasgow with my boyfriend. We would want a rented flat in the West End area, however has anyone got any info on what it is like to live in Glasgow? Are the people friendly and is it easy to make friends out of uni? Also does anyone know anything about what the flats in the west end are like to get if you are students?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Janeysunandstars)
    Hi, I'm considering moving to Glasgow with my boyfriend. We would want a rented flat in the West End area, however has anyone got any info on what it is like to live in Glasgow? Are the people friendly and is it easy to make friends out of uni? Also does anyone know anything about what the flats in the west end are like to get if you are students?
    Hi there!

Glasgow is a great place to live, especially for students. The West End is a very nice area with a lot of options for flats, again, especially for students!

As with most cities, there will be plenty of things to do and ways to meet people out of uni. Joining different clubs, attending social events or even just walking around the city are a few ways of doing this; Glasgow is known as a very friendly city, you should have no trouble meeting people.

Hope this helps.

Scott
    Undergraduate Rep
    School of Engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janeysunandstars)
    Hi, I'm moving to Glasgow with my boyfriend in July this year I'm starting MSc but he'll be working full-time. Been looking for flats within West End and nearby for a while now and you could get a flat for under 500 pounds per month I'm waiting for after my exams (end of May) to actually be able to go up there and arrange a viewing

ReputationRep:
    I am a current student at Glasgow University and it is a lovely place to live. The west end is by far the nicest area of Glasgow to live in, and is still only minutes away from the shops and restaurants of the city centre.

Yes the people are very friendly as accommodating (although I might be bias considering I am a Glaswegian myself hehe), but honestly you will feel very welcome here.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.