Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

should i tell the father im pregnant if im keeping it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So. Im 5 weeks pregnant. I am a single mom with a 4yr old son whose father isnt in the picture and never wanted to be. I didnt date or sleep with anyone for 3 years. I started liking this guy and we started seeing eachother. 5 months later i want a relationship and he doesnt. Its all good i respect him and leave him alone i havent talked to him in a month. Now ive missed my period and taken a test to find out im 5 weeks pregnant. I could never have an abortion or give away my own child but i dont know if i should tell him. But i kinda feel like he has a right to know bc im keeping it. Should i tell him?

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if you told me i'd be on the first plane to Milan right now

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you do not want to have a conversation years from now where you attempt to justify the logic in not telling him to avoid conflict as it would certainly be much greater by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Yes, you do not want to have a conversation years from now where you attempt to justify the logic in not telling him to avoid conflict as it would certainly be much greater by then.
    Ok. But the thing is that he is a good guy so this will alter the course of his life completely. Financially he has nothing to offer. But he would try anyway and i dont want to condemn him to that because he didnt ask for it. I also know he will find out eventually if i dont tell him now because his kid will seek him out. Is it better to let him be blissfully unaware?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caligirlcat)
    Ok. But the thing is that he is a good guy so this will alter the course of his life completely. Financially he has nothing to offer. But he would try anyway and i dont want to condemn him to that because he didnt ask for it. I also know he will find out eventually if i dont tell him now because his kid will seek him out. Is it better to let him be blissfully unaware?
    Make that Bulgaria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    Make that Bulgaria
    Ok mr unhelpful we get that you like planes and foreign countries. Stow it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caligirlcat)
    Aren't you obliged to tell him as his name would go on the birth certificate? I think you should tell him, he does have a right to know that he will have a child.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.