Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where will you live during academic year/term time address - CONFUSED! Watch

I'm confused about 2 sections on the student finance application.

One asks "Where will you live during the academic year?" For each term I must select either "with parents" or "in own home, halls of residence". I will be staying in university accommodation but still technically living with my mum as I will return home for the holidays. So which option do I select?

Another question asks: "What will your address be during term time?". Again, I am going to be living in university accommodation so do I provide the university's address or my mum's address?

I know I'm being stupid here but I am genuinely baffled.

(Original post by Platopus)

One asks "Where will you live during the academic year?" For each term I must select either "with parents" or "in own home, halls of residence". I will be staying in university accommodation but still technically living with my mum as I will return home for the holidays. So which option do I select?

Another question asks: "What will your address be during term time?". Again, I am going to be living in university accommodation so do I provide the university's address or my mum's address?

1.own home, halls, residence.
    2.university address

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Impressive)
    1.own home, halls, residence.
    2.university address

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    The above is right. They don't care about the holidays.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

If you're living in halls then state that you'll be living in halls. If you say you'll be living at home then you will get a smaller loan.

For the address you don't have to fill this in yet - it is for correspondence so if you'd prefer your student finance being sent to your mum's still then leave that as your term time address.

(Original post by PQ)
    If you're living in halls then state that you'll be living in halls. If you say you'll be living at home then you will get a smaller loan.

For the address you don't have to fill this in yet - it is for correspondence so if you'd prefer your student finance being sent to your mum's still then leave that as your term time address.
    Again, I'm being stupid here... The student finance is physically sent to the address I enter? I thought it was sent to the bank account I provided details of.

Again, I'm being stupid here... The student finance is physically sent to the address I enter? I thought it was sent to the bank account I provided details of.
    Bank account. (maintenance loan)

Tuition fee goes straight to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Impressive)
    Bank account. (maintenance loan)

Tuition fee goes straight to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. So is it best if I enter the university address?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    The student finance goes to your bank account.

Your tuition fee loan goes to your university.

Correspondence - LETTERS from SLC - will go to the address you list as your term time address if they are sent during term time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.