Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am going to buy Siam smartphone siams 7X. It has nice security with Ear Recognition Lock Screen, I like android phones more. What are your opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franklyman481)
    I am going to buy Siam smartphone siams 7X. It has nice security with Ear Recognition Lock Screen, I like android phones more. What are your opinions?
    A lot of businesses are still on Blackberry's so.... Nobody can judge you trust me Go with whatever you prefer. Androids are easier to crack, but if security is a concern your company should provide you with a phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acontium)
    A lot of businesses are still on Blackberry's so.... Nobody can judge you trust me Go with whatever you prefer. Androids are easier to crack, but if security is a concern your company should provide you with a phone.
    Samsung Knox is the safest and most secure mobile phone system currently available, that is an android, complete rubbish saying Androids are easy to crack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian Bartlett)
    Samsung Knox is the safest and most secure mobile phone system currently available, that is an android, complete rubbish saying Androids are easy to crack.
    That isn't just stock android....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acontium)
    That isn't just stock android....
    Almost noone uses stock android, when you talk about Android you might as well say Samsung as in most markets it commands 50% or above of the Android market share. In the business world it is even more dominant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian Bartlett)
    Almost noone uses stock android, when you talk about Android you might as well say Samsung as in most markets it commands 50% or above of the Android market share. In the business world it is even more dominant.
    CM had over 50 million users as of last year, not sure about GE, and when you consider the Nexus lineup of devices, 'almost no one' is an understatement.

Samsung is one of the most popular brands, and has a chunk of the market share just by itself, but with the increasing popularity of LG/Sony/Motorola/Huawei and a dozen of other brands, Samsung is a lot smaller than we'd expect it to be (plus who really uses touchwiz/stock ROM outside their warranty period...?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyJP)
    CM had over 50 million users as of last year, not sure about GE, and when you consider the Nexus lineup of devices, 'almost no one' is an understatement.

Samsung is one of the most popular brands, and has a chunk of the market share just by itself, but with the increasing popularity of LG/Sony/Motorola/Huawei and a dozen of other brands, Samsung is a lot smaller than we'd expect it to be (plus who really uses touchwiz/stock ROM outside their warranty period...?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just supported my point barely anyone has stock, all of the manufacturers you mentioned change the software and add security. Samsung is by far the most dominant in the corporate world. Also yes barely any Nexus, over 1 billion active android smartphones and nexus won't have more than 1% of that, so yes barely any in terms of share.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.