The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing applying for 2017/18 intake

Hiya everyone!

My name is Amy and I am an aspiring Children's Nurse.

I currently hold:

CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education Level 3 (grade C)
Higher Certificate in Education and Childhood Studies
& to be achieved at June - Higher Certificate in Social Welfare

I am asking to volunteer at a local hospice, postnatal groups and other health related things if I see them!

I have a place for the ACCESS to health course in September where I will try and get my placement within the Children's Ward in the hospital if I can :smile:

I would love to get to know everyone else's experiences and what they are planning to do before they apply?

Amy xx
Original post by amycakes
Hiya everyone!

My name is Amy and I am an aspiring Children's Nurse.

I currently hold:

CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education Level 3 (grade C)
Higher Certificate in Education and Childhood Studies
& to be achieved at June - Higher Certificate in Social Welfare

I am asking to volunteer at a local hospice, postnatal groups and other health related things if I see them!

I have a place for the ACCESS to health course in September where I will try and get my placement within the Children's Ward in the hospital if I can :smile:

I would love to get to know everyone else's experiences and what they are planning to do before they apply?

Amy xx

Hi Amy

I've moved this into the Nursing and Midwifery forum for you. Have a look around and read/post in the stickied and busy threads to meet this years applicants (and early birds like yourself!).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Hi Amy

I've moved this into the Nursing and Midwifery forum for you. Have a look around and read/post in the stickied and busy threads to meet this years applicants (and early birds like yourself!).

Thank you!
Reply 3
Hi, I'm Elise and I'm an aspiring Children's nurse too!

I'm currently doing A levels in biology, psychology, sociology and religious studies and I will be applying for the 2017/18 intake too. At the moment for work experience I have done two weeks at a children's special needs activity scheme and I volunteer once a week at a local hospital. I'm hoping that I'll be able to shadow one of the nurses at the hospital that I work at too. Then in June I'm doing a weeks work experience at a local pre-school which I'm really looking forward to.

Good luck with your studies!😊

Elise x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending