Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've received a conditional from both Aberdeen University and Glasgow Caledonian University and i'm not sure where to go. Economics and International Relations for Aberdeen and Economics and Finance for GCU.Has anyone done any of these courses and could give me some information?I would also like to know wich city has the most job opportunities because i would like to work part-time or full-time(if possible) while studying.Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If i were you, i would choose Aberdeen uni, since it's ranked much higher the GCU uni.
    Check it out ---->http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...nd&s=Economics
    As far the employment is concerned, Aberdeen is a great place and many full-time or mostly part-time jobs are available, since the unemployment rate is unl 2%, in comparison to Glasgow more than 7%.
    However, Aberdeen is a really expensive place, tbh, 2nd most expensive in uk, so you are definitely going to spend a lot of money on rent, food etc..
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by DragosAndrei)
    I've received a conditional from both Aberdeen University and Glasgow Caledonian University and i'm not sure where to go. Economics and International Relations for Aberdeen and Economics and Finance for GCU.Has anyone done any of these courses and could give me some information?I would also like to know wich city has the most job opportunities because i would like to work part-time or full-time(if possible) while studying.Thanks
    Hi Dragos,
    We're biased but we'd suggest GCU! In surveys, we've been ranked No 1 in Scotland for International Student Support, 1st for Accommodation cost and 4th in UK for learning experience.

Also, Glasgow is considered the most cost-effective city in which to study in the UK according to NatWest Student Living Index,2014.

Have a look: https://www.gcu.ac.uk/study/internat.../whystudyhere/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.