Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so i did the chemistry a2 ISA (wont be sharing details)
    And i made some silly mistakes. Knowing the grade boundaries and unpredictable mark scheme i predict i could get B all the way to a D
    I fail in ISAs, I'm resitting last years ISA next week and am feeling so demotivated. I am also retaking unit 2 (i got a b) just in case i dont improve as much as i want.
    I'm aiming for an A, and just want to know if my chances of getting A are completely nonexistent if i keep getting c/d grades in ISAs...i know that the exams weigh more, but would that still mean i have to get solid A*s in the unit 4 and 5? That is considering the fact that I'm resitting unit 2... I hope that makes sense xD im just in a bit of a panic mode right now
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimplyGuided)
    Okay so i did the chemistry a2 ISA (wont be sharing details)
    And i made some silly mistakes. Knowing the grade boundaries and unpredictable mark scheme i predict i could get B all the way to a D
    I fail in ISAs, I'm resitting last years ISA next week and am feeling so demotivated. I am also retaking unit 2 (i got a b) just in case i dont improve as much as i want.
    I'm aiming for an A, and just want to know if my chances of getting A are completely nonexistent if i keep getting c/d grades in ISAs...i know that the exams weigh more, but would that still mean i have to get solid A*s in the unit 4 and 5? That is considering the fact that I'm resitting unit 2... I hope that makes sense xD im just in a bit of a panic mode right now
    Doesn't most of the marks come from the written part anyway? Just revise well for that and boss it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.