Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to do after BTEC Construction/Civils Built extended level 3 watch

    • Thread Starter

    So I have had this question on my mind for some time now. I have been doing BTECC Construction civil engineering for 2 years now and in my last year, I also pick up a Physics AS at grade B and Maths AS at grade C and was wondering what can i do with these grades?

    • Thread Starter

    Its a BTEC Level 3 extended diploma in construction and the built environment with my modules being civil engineering related.

    Go to do uni for Civil Engineering?

    Some unis will require a full A level in Maths however as you have the AS in Physics too you may be considered for these course, best to contact them first though, also, sometimes this requirement doesnt matter if you have done the 2 maths units in your BTEC, Maths and Further Maths for Construction.

    Alternatively you could do something like Quantity Surveying or Construction Project management

    UCL are ranked 1st in the UK for 'Building' which I assume covers the above course and they require DDD in the BTEC Extended Diploma, here is the link to the course page:

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.