Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have my PGCE further education and training interview next month, and was just wondering if anyone had already had theirs and what it was like?

I'm really struggling with an idea for my micro-teaching presentation, as they've specifically said it shouldn't be subject specific!

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    I did this for 2015 entry and currently enjoying the course!

For the microteach, im hesitant to suggest anything as it needs to come from yourself, but do you have any interesting hobbies or things you enjoy that could be "teachable"?

A tip would be to get up to date with the policies affecting FE, you don't need to know them inside out, but get to know the basics so when they ask you have an idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S27)
    I did this for 2015 entry and currently enjoying the course!

For the microteach, im hesitant to suggest anything as it needs to come from yourself, but do you have any interesting hobbies or things you enjoy that could be "teachable"?

A tip would be to get up to date with the policies affecting FE, you don't need to know them inside out, but get to know the basics so when they ask you have an idea.
    Thank you so much for replying! Which uni are you doing the course at?

That's what I'm trying to think of for the micro-teach, but being a mum of two I don't have a lot of hobbies lol. Although I've read somewhere that they are more concerned about how you engage the class and deliver the lesson, rather than the actual content of it.

Great, thank you! I will start doing my research so I have a few FE things to talk about

Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbieball)
    Thank you so much for replying! Which uni are you doing the course at?

That's what I'm trying to think of for the micro-teach, but being a mum of two I don't have a lot of hobbies lol. Although I've read somewhere that they are more concerned about how you engage the class and deliver the lesson, rather than the actual content of it.

Great, thank you! I will start doing my research so I have a few FE things to talk about

Thanks so much!
    I need to keep a level of anonymity on TSR in case any of the students i teach are on here (akward ) but i'll just say a top 20 uni.

Yes absolutely, what you teach is secondary to how you teach it, but you still need to choose content that will allow you deliver something well and you are comfortable. I saw loads of different lessons. You could literally do anything. Try and do something where people can get involved, don't do a 13 minute lecture with a 2 minute task*

*Saying that, i got in!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.