Poll: Maximising your concentration level
Coffee (3)
21.43%
Find appropriate study environment (5)
35.71%
Unplug unnecessary electronic devices (1)
7.14%
Study with short breaks (4)
28.57%
Find a study partner (0)
0%
Others - please state (1)
7.14%
Study Inn Group
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What are the best way(s) to maximise your concentration level?
Applicant75235
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Eating snacks
username2460773
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
9 hours of sleep or more
Study Inn Group
Rep:
?
(Original post by koolgurl14)
Eating snacks
Ooh, and what kind of snacks are these?
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I drink tea randomly. I'm not addicted but it's a nice 2 or 3 minutes away from revision. I take loads of breaks as well and get enough sleep (9 hours or more for me). A good environment is important too!
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Coffee and tea, Probably like 9 cups of tea a day and a a coffee in the morning
Study Inn Group
Rep:
?
(Original post by SeanFM)
I drink tea randomly. I'm not addicted but it's a nice 2 or 3 minutes away from revision. I take loads of breaks as well and get enough sleep (9 hours or more for me). A good environment is important too!
Is there a specific type of tea you prefer? Herbal teas are usually quite good - especially Ginseng, Ginger or Rosehip!

What would you consider to be a 'Good environment'? Does this include lighting, tidiness of room etc?
Study Inn Group
Rep:
?
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
Coffee and tea, Probably like 9 cups of tea a day and a a coffee in the morning
That's plenty of drinks, how about energy drinks?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would've preferred multi choice poll

Generally a combination of a couple of those. A study environment around other people so I don't surf the web too much unnecessarily, with a decent amount of good coffee!
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Study Inn Group)
That's plenty of drinks, how about energy drinks?
Don't like them, the cheap ones they sell are awful and even the more expensive ones smell and taste bad for you, so sweet. And even though coffee and tea are not the best they are far better than energy drink.
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Study Inn Group)
Is there a specific type of tea you prefer? Herbal teas are usually quite good - especially Ginseng, Ginger or Rosehip!

What would you consider to be a 'Good environment'? Does this include lighting, tidiness of room etc?
I've tried some herbal teas but not a huge fan of the taste PG Tips does it for me

Yes, yes, good lighting is a start. I like studying during the day where you get natural lighting by a window - getting a bit of sunlight and vitamin D is nice!

Tidiness, I guess you need a clean workspace and things have to be organised/you know exactly where stuff is. But it doesn't have to be perfect

And little noise or distractions from anywhere, whether it's in your house or the one next door.

Aaaand.. the place has to be not too hot, not too cold, just warm enough! If it's not warm it can be quite distracting, having to sneeze and things like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (45)
24.19%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.06%

Watched Threads