Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm taking a gap year to do an apprenticeship via the Engineering Development Trust (hopefully (if that falls through I'll get some work in me)).

But I really think I should keep myself academically busy in that time, so I'm on the hunt for some part time courses.

Context: I'll be studying Physics at Aberdeen, but am interested in a lot of things.

Here the ideas I've had so far.

I could do Advanced Maths at the NESCol, and they also do a Coll. Cert. BSL class, which is cool. I like languages. There's a first aid course and modules for the European Computer Driving Licence, which might look nice on a CV, and aren't pricey. (unfortunately, I kinda have to pay for the NESCol courses b/c if I don't I could be made to pay for the last year of uni, which sucks).

I've had a look on the Open University website but there's so many courses there I'm still working my way through that seeing what's good.

TEFL is cool and i could maybe get that free from the IDL.

The local learning centre also does a Gaelic course which I did earlier this year for a term but dropped to focus on school.

Anyway, if you have any idea about interesting/helpful qualifications and courses I could do then drop us a comment

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.