TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    https://youtu.be/S6hCDN4pR0o

Alan Thrall has loads of deadlift videos. Watch them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It means your lower back is rounding.

ReputationRep:
    Aight I watched this video and I don't usually do this but I'm about to explain why you guys shouldn't be listening to people outside of the SmashConcept/redbuthotter clique when it comes to technique. Watching this video that has managed to fool such lesser minds as Angry cucumber, someone such as me can easily tell that while Alan Thrall looks like a pretty cool guy judging by his cut off t-shirt and ammonia habit, his information on hitching is a load of ****.

Check out the scapula position on his "incorrect example"

and compare it to the scapula position on the "correct example,"

That's right folks, when you take the screen shots once the bar actually comes off the floor it's a damn spot the difference puzzle, and I left the time stamps the screen shots for that reason. This is because it's virtually impossible to pull even a light weight (and 315 is obviously light for him) off the floor with egregiously bad position. Notice that the camera angles are slightly different, as shown by the fact that I drew lines intersecting the middle of the barbell collar and his hand (two fixed points) and extending through his scapula for each screen shot.

So any difference you might see in the first two pictures is certainly minute enough to get lost in the noise of camera angle, and even more certainly not enough to cause any kind of egregious hitch. Oh and bear in mind: THIS IS A MAN DELIBERATELY TRYING TO EXAGGERATE THE DIFFERENCE

Here's the real scoop: instead of watching some jabroni ass video you shoulda just listened to ya ***** SmashConcept and his communist hype man. When you hitch a deadlift it's because your lower back rounds and you need to re-extend it at lockout, so you rebend your knees to get the back angle more upright so you can lock it out by ramping up your thighs. It's really that simple. None of this nonsense about having your shoulder blades in the wrong position is correct because you just can't break the weight off the floor with them in the wrong place. You can tell this by the fact that his demonstration of correct scapula position is EXACTLY THE SAME as his demonstration of incorrect scapula position.You can also tell this by the fact that people hitch heavy weights when they can pull 90% with good form.

Ya seriously think Loz Shahlaei, Eddie Hall and all the rest are hitching their max pulls because there wasn't a Youtube celebrity around to tell them where to put their scapulas before the lift?? No it's because it's heavy, heavy weights round your back and make lockout harder so they hitch. This is so ****ing obvious that I feel embarrassed that I went to such lengths to explain it to people who are supposedly students but I have a bit of free time at the moment and it seemed more worthwhile than explaining to people in other forums that feminists didn't invent Muslims to destroy white male society.

In conclusion Cucumber should be fired for posting that video and the fitness section should be left without a moderator until Motorbiker pulls 200 in competition. Ya'll just got called out.

EDIT

Had to edit this post because when you try to write a certain amount of words and include pictures/links on this forum IN OTHER WORDS PROVIDE ACTUAL INFORMATION INSTEAD OF JUST GRADE A DIP****TERY the post box automatically ignores any paragraphs you made, thus making it look like you didn't just lay down some dank as **** facts. Queen Cersei you should be ashamed of yourself and not just because your team deleted my classic thread of animal on animal rape that I made when I was high. S. M. H.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Cringe for Smash Concept

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Cringe for Smash Concept

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're the one who posted the dumb video :nn:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.