Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My girlfriend and best mate absolutely hate eachother Watch

ReputationRep:
    Evening all, Well basically my girlfriend and my one of my best mates hate eachother, I'm kinda stuck in the middle, I've not been with my girlfriend for long but I really like her, so much in common similar interests ect ect, but this is really putting a shadow over our relationship, there is absolutely no way I can get them to be friends again too much has happened for that.
    My question is what the hell do i do

I know the saying hoes before bros but don't want that to happen

Anyone had similar issues?

ReputationRep:
    Choose.

Can't have both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryano92)
    Evening all, Well basically my girlfriend and my one of my best mates hate eachother, I'm kinda stuck in the middle, I've not been with my girlfriend for long but I really like her, so much in common similar interests ect ect, but this is really putting a shadow over our relationship, there is absolutely no way I can get them to be friends again too much has happened for that.
    My question is what the hell do i do

I know the saying hoes before bros but don't want that to happen

Anyone had similar issues?
    It's the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    What happened between them? Who would you say is in the wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    It's the other way round.
    I knew what i meant lol

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think if you are willing to leave your girlfriend for your mates it's sad

And if you're willing to choose your girlfriend over your best mate it's sad too.

I have no clue how old you are..tell them to both grow up. I don't know what happened etc if it's not really bad then they need to learn to be civil with each other, it's not difficult? One day they may both even get over what has happened...and if nothing has happened between the two of them and they just happen to hate each other then they really, really need to grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Basically it has blown out of proportion, basically my mate has been a knob and said stuff he shouldn't have, he doesn't regret it that's the problem and she's seeking an apology that he just won't give problem is this happened before I got with her but it's got worse since we've been together

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? They're not dating each other, whether they like each other or not is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    Bang the girl then go back to your friend. Best of both worlds then
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Why do you need them to be friends? Let them carry on disliking each other. Dont burn bridges with your best friend and eventually you will split anyway. Make sure you have a best friend to go back to.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I totally get what you are saying-I have been in a very similar situation as you-I had a boyfriend who actually hated my best friend. And to be honest I was actually torn apart-coz I really liked the guy at the time-but she was my best friend. At the end I was soo exhausted of the constant bitter remarks. I made them have a mediation. So I made them sit down and they both got 5 minutes on the clock each to discuss their problems-it was soo difficult to make my friend shut up coz once she spoke she spoke she did hold back-but you have to figure out what's right for you.
    I mean if you really like the girl-don't give up, but talk to your friend, try to make him understand that you like this girl, and you don't want any rows. What I did, I divided my time between them, so like an hour a day with each of them...try that-it might help!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not particularly fond of my best mate's gf (may or may not be an understatement) but he's managed to keep both of us around for 2 years or so.

Perhaps you don't need to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a tricky situation but surely your girlfriend is more important to you?
    Maybe you should be a good boyfriend and stick up for her!!
    I mean if you love her then choose her but i think if youre having to ask then im not too sure you fully like her tbh.
    Your friend sounds like an ass so maybe ditch him if he wont leave your girl alone! If he wont apologize then i think youve got to do something major!! You dont want your girl being upset bu this idiot do you?!? Take action with this guy and make him be nice to your girl!

I would be furious if anyone qas continuously being horrible to my girlfriend (if i had one) and i would make sure something was done about it!

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit inconvenient, but it's not the end of the world. They both need to accept that whilst you won't force them to hang out, you aren't going to ditch one for the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.