JimmySquillante
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I have been accepted to the MPA in European and International Governance at Leiden University (The Hague Campus), while the programme seems very appealing, and The Hague is a very pretty city, I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on this programme, Dutch education (teaching quality of the Unis) and the global reputation of the University (at least in the IOs field)

I would very much appreciate your insight, thank you!!
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just intrigued. why did you choose to apply to Leiden MPA? What is your background, academic interest and goals?
JimmySquillante
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Uni reputation, location of the course, the modules are interesting, but I haven't found some unbiased opinion on the course in things like teaching quality. My background is in Politics, my academic interest involves policymaking in international relations, or policy advisory as well in IOs, my goal is working is organisations in the UN system, or regional organisations in a role where I can improve its internal working in order for it to deliver better programmes to the population.
Leiden University
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Jimmy,

Leiden University is a top-100 university in The Times Higher Education and QS rankings (top 23). In Europe in the QS Subject rankings we come 6th. We are also part of the League of European Research Universities with institutions such as Oxford and Cambridge. While we do not have distinctions in the Netherlands as they do in the UK, Leiden University would be considered similar to an Ancient University and the Russell Group in the UK. I hope this helps in understanding the quality offered at Leiden University.

There are a few ways you may be able to talk to current students or alumni. You can contact the study coordinator of the programme to see if there may be a student you could contact, or an alumni to ask your questions: [email protected] nl. It may take some time to get a reply, so you could also try to message students who are in the Facebook group for the programme https://www.facebook.com/groups/4109...61790/?fref=nf

Leiden University has two locations, and The Hague location was chosen for programmes such as Public Administration due to the environment. The Hague is The International City of Peace and Justice, and the most international city in the Netherlands. Therefore it is a perfect spot for this type of study. It is a very social city with many things to offer - pubs, restaurants, multi-cultural neighbourhoods, museums, music/cultural festivals, local beaches and more.

I hope this helps!

Carolyn

(Original post by JimmySquillante)
Hi,

I have been accepted to the MPA in European and International Governance at Leiden University (The Hague Campus), while the programme seems very appealing, and The Hague is a very pretty city, I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on this programme, Dutch education (teaching quality of the Unis) and the global reputation of the University (at least in the IOs field)

I would very much appreciate your insight, thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (318)
34.19%
No (612)
65.81%

Watched Threads