South Africa
    What do you think?
    Good joke

ReputationRep:
    Most tolerant countries are:
    Great Britain
    Germany
    Greece .

These are tolerant because we choose to accept the needy people in this world. We open our hearts and minds to those who want our help and refuge. I'd say that Germany and Greece are probably more tolerant than Britain because they have done well above the call of duty with helping the worlds refugees. Britain needs to do a lot more, if we want more credibility and recognition.
    Greece has even allowed Syrians to set up their own political party in Greece.
    However we are far more tolerant than places like USA, Hungary and Australia who have done far too little to help refugees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    Good joke
    Heard of Nelson Mandela?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    Heard of Nelson Mandela?
    Glad you asked, have you heard of this song?

ReputationRep:
    I think they are

South Africa
    Brazil
    Sweden
    Canada
    Germany

What do you think?
    What do you mean/define as tolerant?
    How do you measure it?

ReputationRep:
    There's a fine line between being tolerant and being a pushover. Most of the countries mentioned so far are all pushovers. Honestly, as weird as it sounds I'd say Russia is one of the most tolerant countries. Racial/cultural/LGBT tension isn't a major issue in Russia, unlike here in Britain. Russians don't care what you look like, what you do inside your home (so long as its not things like FGM) or who you sleep with. But if you start threatening the native culture and refuse to integrate then yea, they're going to get upset by it. It's a case of accepting those who integrate and kicking out those who refuse to, which is common sense really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMandarine)
    Glad you asked, have you heard of this song?
    the comments under that video are a joy...also isn't that a white guy next to him?.....................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drummerz)
    the comments under that video are a joy...also isn't that a white guy next to him?.....................
    I don't even bother looking at the comments, but the accuracy of the song has been attested by many people who speak isiZulu.
    The white guy was probably a fellow commie. Probably, no idea.

ReputationRep:
    I would guess at Canada and the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    There's a fine line between being tolerant and being a pushover. Most of the countries mentioned so far are all pushovers. Honestly, as weird as it sounds I'd say Russia is one of the most tolerant countries. Racial/cultural/LGBT tension isn't a major issue in Russia, unlike here in Britain.
    Um lol? Are you being serious??????

ReputationRep:
    Heard of Nelson Mandela?
    You're so clueless :rofl:

You don't seem to be able to distinguish politicians from general society which is why you've listed Sweden and Germany as well. Canada is the only really tolerant nation on that list. Brazil is extremely intolerant due to poverty.

ReputationRep:
    Moscow is quite intolerant but there are actually huge Muslim populations in the Russian federation which are not as discriminated. Still it is an intolerant country.

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly, yes.

I suggest you go and research what's actually going on in Russia and the attitudes of the Russian people. Not the European or US viewpoints though, they have way too much confirmation bias. You may also want to look up Putin's real actions (not the fabricated ones western media portrays) and also his popularity with Russian civilians. He's got a popularity rating any politician would give their right arm for and if you listen to him speak and then compare what he says to what he does you'll see why. The guy sticks to his word and has a sharp brain in his head. Putin acts in response to what he knows will benefit the Russian people and according to what his people want. Even in the midst of a recession the Russian populace still have confidence in his leadership. It's sad how both he and Russia have such poor reputations in the west, people need to scrap their preconceived ideas about Russia being the same as it was back in the cold war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob)
    You're so clueless :rofl:

You don't seem to be able to distinguish politicians from general society which is why you've listed Sweden and Germany as well. Canada is the only really tolerant nation on that list. Brazil is extremely intolerant due to poverty.
    Yes Canada a land where you can be banned from the Internet for 3 years for having a different opinion, really tolerant.

ReputationRep:
    Heard of Nelson Mandela?
    The mass murdering, communist terrorist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    There's a fine line between being tolerant and being a pushover. Most of the countries mentioned so far are all pushovers. Honestly, as weird as it sounds I'd say Russia is one of the most tolerant countries. Racial/cultural/LGBT tension isn't a major issue in Russia, unlike here in Britain. Russians don't care what you look like, what you do inside your home (so long as its not things like FGM) or who you sleep with. But if you start threatening the native culture and refuse to integrate then yea, they're going to get upset by it. It's a case of accepting those who integrate and kicking out those who refuse to, which is common sense really.
    Yeah, I have tonnes of Russian friends who board at my school. I showed them this comment. They laughed.

Ridiculous assumption.

ReputationRep:
    South Africa
    Here's the current South Africa President singing 'Kill the Boer'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drummerz)
    That 'white guy' is Ronnie Kasrils - a Jewish communist. He probably wouldn't consider himself to be 'white'.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.