Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Drastically slowing the ageing process. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 and I've recently started looking into this. I'm going to devote a hell of a lot of time to this.

What better way to spend your time than using it to make more time? People grow old, they die, and they're gone. And for me personally, 100 years is nowhere near enough to get all the things I need to do done. I want to live hundreds of years.

It's 2016 and we can figure out almost anything with science - we know a lot (now) about what makes us age and we're learning more and more about how to combat it.

Imagine staying as a 25 year old long into the future. It's accomplishable using science - especially for those of us that put some true effort into it.

Imagine the amount of things you'd be able to do, the amount you'd be able to learn and the unprecedented boundaries you could break.

What do you have to say about this?

(Original post by King Scorchy)
    i
    Yay!

I could listen to music more!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree 100%, I don't ever want to die. I already eat very healthily and exercise a lot, so I'm hoping that this will be able to sustain me long enough for scientists to figure out how to significantly extend life

ReputationRep:
    Life will always be ephermal.

I think the max you could go with the best health and fitness is probably 125 years.

I think extending life like this can be done if we find more cures to cancer.

(Original post by King Scorchy)
    i
    Oh, I also wanted to mention that you'll suffer more so..

Sounds like fun at first sight, but it shouldn't be forced to someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That would be my idea of hell.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think OP means extending life span only. He means not ageing, I.e. staying young and fit for longer so that he can achieve more things. You can do much as a wrinkly old bean in a wheelchair.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.