The Student Room Group

Why do Muslims have to take responsibility for ISIS but white people don't have to...

Scroll to see replies

The far white

That's what came out when I read it in a Chinese accent
Original post by JordanL_
But not all Muslims follow the exact same set of beliefs, and many do condemn that behaviour.

Lots of white people/Christians/Irish people followed the same beliefs as the KKK/IRA and lots of them refused to condemn that behaviour. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

The difference is all muslims share a central belief. White people share nothing but skin colour. One has a baring on beliefs and ideology, the other doesnt.
Original post by intelligent con
Why do people make it seem like Muslims are responsible for ISIS and terrorist attacks and need to do something about it yet they never claim white people are responsible for the appalling violent behaviour of the far right?

There are many differences. First, there are many people in the Muslim community specifically their community representatives who are completely resistant to the idea that there is a problem within their communities with extremism. We know from surveys that perhaps as many as one in five people in the Muslim community are generally tolerant of extremist views. Whenever the government attempts to deal with the issue the community claims they're being spied on and oppressed, and yet they refuse to root out the problem themselves.

Clearly there are issues within the Muslim community is young members of it are willing to blow themselves up in suicide bombings on British trains or subway simply to kill or maim as many of their fellow citizens as possible. If we saw this kind of behaviour from other groups like Hindus or Chinese etc then we would be equally concerned about them. But we don't see terrorism coming from those groups, only from the Muslim community,

The distinction between that and white/Anglo people and the far right like the BNP is that the BNP is reviled by pretty much all mainstream community representatives in the UK. They are effectively forbidden from being part of polite society, they are shunned and disgraced. Whereas in the Muslim community, many of the most heinous purveyors of extremist filth are members of the Islamic community in high standing, with connections to influential people through that position they hold in the Islamic community.

The Muslim community by-and-large adopts a defensive attitude when the issue is discussed, trying to blame everyone but themselves and claiming they are being singled out, rather than honestly and soberly looking at the reality that there is a huge problem when hundreds of British Muslims are willingly travelling to the Middle East tp fight for an organisation that openly engages in genocide, torture and holding public slave markets. That is a problem
Original post by Onde
I don't label Muslims "in general" as terrorists. But I do think they worship a god that asks them to inflict terror on nonbelievers, and who promises to inflict terror itself, and also, I think they are terrorist sympathisers because it is fundamental to Islamic ideology that to be a Muslim, you accept the self-described terrorist Muhammad as the messenger of Allah.

No. I don't want to hear your filth. We muslims have lived in peace here in Europe for our entire lives and so have our ancestors, and yet we are being condemned for the actions of other 'muslims' in the Middle-East. Which also consists of even less then 1% of the muslim population. Go and take your ****ing hate outta here. To a place where the people who want to live in peace and prosperity won't be ****ing disturbed.
Original post by Youngmetro
Because people on TSR are bigoted nationalists who are against all forms of religion and use ISIS as leverage to attack muslims and their religion.

Most people use the qu'ran but go on :biggrin:
Original post by balanced
Most people use the qu'ran but go on :biggrin:

Getting a little repetitive now.
Original post by Youngmetro
Getting a little repetitive now.

So you basically can't handle debate, here's a tip:
If you're getting bored of debating, then don't debate it.
Just because you are getting bored of it, it doesn't mean it has to be silenced/ it's wrong.
Terrorists don't want to say what they done is wrong SO THEY USE RELIGION TO SAY WHAT THEY DID WAS RIGHT.

Let's be real, who really memorized the Qur'an or the Bible or the Torah or the Vedas or the Guru Granth Sahib, and that would around less than 5% of our total population. There is no point saying that that religion said that or that Prophet said that when you didn't read the whole religious scripture.

If you think Islam oppresses woman, or all 'terrorists' are Muslims please educate your ignorant brain and read a religious scripture or read this article that makes you re-evaluate your ignorant life
http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/projects/koran-carla-power/index.html

If you want to fight, bite me.
Original post by balanced
So you basically can't handle debate, here's a tip:
If you're getting bored of debating, then don't debate it.
Just because you are getting bored of it, it doesn't mean it has to be silenced/ it's wrong.

No, i can totally handle a debate. Just dont have the time right now. Its the internet.

I never said it has to be silenced so dont put words in my mouth, its a lazy way to debate and it is all that ever happens on TSR. All i see is people calling others fascists, its pathetic.

I never said nothing here was wrong, apart from the fact that getting muslims to take responsibility for ISIS is wrong and just demonizes them. There's nothing wrong with that.

We've bashed the Qu'ran enough already, no one is bothered to argue against the people who do so. It's pretty obvious most of them have an anti muslim agenda, they often talk in a patronising, sarcastic, ignorant, islamophobic and hostile manner where it is impossible to engage in an intelligent argument.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by intelligent con
Why do people make it seem like Muslims are responsible for ISIS and terrorist attacks and need to do something about it yet they never claim white people are responsible for the appalling violent behaviour of the far right?

Because the whites think they created everything but crime and somehow forget their crimes against the world and humanity itself but :bored:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending