The Student Room Group

Neuroscience

I'm thinking of going into neuroscience however, I don't know the career paths and I'm unsure on which A levels to take. Also, does neuroscience offer good pay?
Chances of your getting a science job with just an undergrad degree at very slim unless you do something that's not in science (anything that uses your transferable skills). For science jobs you will need a masters if not a PhD. Please do not go into science for the money. Entry requirements will be on uni websites.
Original post by alleycat393
Chances of your getting a science job with just an undergrad degree at very slim unless you do something that's not in science (anything that uses your transferable skills). For science jobs you will need a masters if not a PhD. Please do not go into science for the money. Entry requirements will be on uni websites.

Thank you for your answer. I am planning on doing a PHD in neuroscience but I was just curious about pay. I'm not just going into science for the money.
Given that you haven't even started uni from the sound of your posts, your doing a PhD is a long way away and the field will have changed massively by then. Even then what you end up doing after your PhD will affect what you earn. Science jobs pay well enough to live fairly decently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending