The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
was nice almost chatting with u but UKL has kept me from going to bed for 1 hr now heh. i got to work at B+Q tomorrow... stupid bank holiday.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 21
Neas
was nice almost chatting with u but UKL has kept me from going to bed for 1 hr now heh. i got to work at B+Q tomorrow... stupid bank holiday.

Night night! :smile:
Reply 22
Hi, nights sound really good, how do you lot know all this??? I'm up for a bit of pubbidge and the purple turtle (seriosuly who comes up with these names). I staying at St Pats, anybody else staying there? I think this particular hall has a tendancy to drink. Anybody fancy proping up some bars with me next year, from sept. onwards?
Reply 23
i know this cause im a 4th year student at reading uni.

3 Years generally lets you get around a bit :P.
Alternative pub in Reading would be the rising sun, on forbury road, i'd say..
and a group of us (Reading locals though) hang out in the forbury and the abbey ruins (except for at the moment, because they're "renovating" it..) and the graveyard next to the forbury on Friday evenings, Saturdays, and Saturday evenings... we're all between 15 and 20ish, and friendly, and there can be between 10 and 100 of us, lol.. it's good though..Reading has a very good alternative "scene", but it's hidden away
Reply 25
MattG
what about alternative places? that play indie and rock etc. i heard of the "purple turtle" pub/club but of nothing else...anyone know anything?

oh do they get many good bands at reading? or is it a case of going to london to see some?

The Purple Turtle is about the most alternative place to go in Reading...usually they play rock/indie upstairs and downstairs differs in the week (I think wednesday is rock night, sunday night is drum 'n' bass etc). They usually have happy hour before 9 most nights. The Fez on a monday is really good as well for rock/indie music. And also Po Na Na's - I've never been to the Reading one on student night, but the one in Norwich is the best student night for that kind of music (its called Fat Poppadaddy's student night or something).
Reply 26
Chicken
The Purple Turtle is about the most alternative place to go in Reading...usually they play rock/indie upstairs and downstairs differs in the week (I think wednesday is rock night, sunday night is drum 'n' bass etc). They usually have happy hour before 9 most nights. The Fez on a monday is really good as well for rock/indie music. And also Po Na Na's - I've never been to the Reading one on student night, but the one in Norwich is the best student night for that kind of music (its called Fat Poppadaddy's student night or something).

yeah we've checked thos places out, very good thanks!
:tsr:
The Fez Club > * :biggrin:

My general monday night ( yes, monday ), is a couple of pints at either the Hobgoblin, or the Hop Leaf, then off to the Purple turtle for some pinball and meeting with the mates who don't mind drinking lager, then to the Fez for some bouncy bouncy fun \o/

If you are a chav, then there are lots of horrible nightclubs too. Enjoy :biggrin:
Reply 28
It's actually pretty reasoanble - if you do end up there then make your way to the purple turtle!!

Latest

Trending

Trending