Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have 27 days till my c1 exam, 34 till my c2 exam and 55 till my s1 exam.I have not even EVER looked at s1 yet how long will it take me to learn in and get a score of 75% plus on the exam. I think I will get 90% on the C1 and around 80% on C2 but need to get a good S1Grade too. Any help and revision notes you can leave down in the comments. And also what do I need to do to get an A at As level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huzzy1508)
    I have 27 days till my c1 exam, 34 till my c2 exam and 55 till my s1 exam.I have not even EVER looked at s1 yet how long will it take me to learn in and get a score of 75% plus on the exam. I think I will get 90% on the C1 and around 80% on C2 but need to get a good S1Grade too. Any help and revision notes you can leave down in the comments. And also what do I need to do to get an A at As level.
    It's a little hard to tell how you'll do given the massive range of abilities we see in A-Level candidates, although if you put the work in, I don't see why not? Have you looked at examsolutions.net?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It took me less than half a day to achieve a B (coincidentally, exactly 75/100 UMS which was 56/75 raw on that paper). I have not retained the information very well and it would take time to get that to a much higher level but if you only want 75% you have a large margin for error so I see no reason why you couldn't do that very comfortably. I am not very good at maths at all and I picked it up pretty fast. Half of the subjects you cover will seem trivially easy very quickly, it will be the other half you need to learn.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely possible. As Zacken said it'll depend on you and how quickly you learn, work paired with how much time you put in; it's different for everyone.

S1 is probably easier than most modules to achieve a high grade in because the questions from paper to paper are incredibly similar. That said, most methods will probably require quite a bit of practice (it did for me, anyway) - if you have enough time (10 hours a week would probably suffice with extra time to do papers) then you should be good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.