Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a recent graduate with Bsc business and management and planning to go for Msc in management. My question is that I don't have relevant work experience in my field, I have 5 months call centre experience and some part time work with corner shops. So should I go for masters or do something else?

I have applied for Internships and Graduate roles but none of them to replied/rejected my application. I am not in the situation to look for voluntary work as I really need this job.

This is really frustrating so I thought maybe if I do masters than my chances might grow but I am confused what to do. If someone can please help me or advice on this situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mhthannan)
    I am a recent graduate with Bsc business and management and planning to go for Msc in management. My question is that I don't have relevant work experience in my field, I have 5 months call centre experience and some part time work with corner shops. So should I go for masters or do something else?

I have applied for Internships and Graduate roles but none of them to replied/rejected my application. I am not in the situation to look for voluntary work as I really need this job.

This is really frustrating so I thought maybe if I do masters than my chances might grow but I am confused what to do. If someone can please help me or advice on this situation?
    A masters on its own won't help you get a job post uni unless it contains a work placement and/or you use free time to get more relevant work experience/get help from careers with how to get through applications. However this is an expensive way to go about things, business masters can be quite expensive and the government loan likely won't cover the full cost and you can end up in the same situation you are in now, after. Also you need to be really passionate about the academic side of management to want to study for 12 months straight.

Really if you are just looking to get a job you need to get advice on how you can improve your applications- your uni careers centre should be able to help you for a few years after graduation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.